Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Looking for software recommendations

Posted 05-23-2018 09:02 AM

I am the coordinator at a municipal animal impound facility that houses animals for several different municipalities. Our software is currently a tailor made program that is access based, and out of date. We are no longer able to get any type of support for it, as the company that designed it is no longer in business. We need a simple program - basically we need to be able to track where the animals are coming from, their reason for coming in, date they leave, where they go, their individual info (breed, gender, etc), owner info, and be able to print reports regarding billing for each city as well as monthly incoming/outgoing data for the animals. We don't do adoptions, have foster homes, or accept any payments here - most of the software I am finding is way too advanced for our needs, and their cost reflects it. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on software that I should check out? Or even stay away from? Thanks in advance!

#DataandTechnology
    #sheltersoftware

• 2.  RE: Looking for software recommendations

Posted 05-23-2018 06:19 PM

Hi! We are a small-mid sized rescue and I did a little looking into software to manage our animals. We take  in about 150-200 dogs and just dogs a year so pretty small scale. We have been using Google Sheets but the analytics is super basic but great for sharing across our team. The most economical program I found was Shelter Manager (https://sheltermanager.com/site/en_home.html) but it's a bit much for what we need now. Hope this helps. 

#DataandTechnology