Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Shelter Walkie-Talkies

Posted 07-23-2018 03:50 PM

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting to Maddie's Pet Forum. I am currently shopping for walkie-talkies for my shelter and am looking for recommendations. What do you use? Do you like it? Any pros or cons? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#OrganizationalManagement
    #communications
    #walkietalkie
    #technology

• 2.  RE: Shelter Walkie-Talkies

Posted 07-23-2018 04:08 PM

Hey Jsandy,

We use Mag One by Motorola. We have BPR40 radios and we love them. More expensive than others but they are very durable and have a greater range than the others we tried. - Corey

• 3.  RE: Shelter Walkie-Talkies

Posted 07-23-2018 05:20 PM

Hi JSandy,

This recommendation might be a bit outside the box and not quite what you were thinking, but I really love Marco Polo: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.happybits.marcopolo&hl=en_US

Benefits:

• App: everyone can download it on their phone, no extra phones/equipment necessary.  App is free.
    • Video: Easy for team members to show each other what they are talking about. Videos are saved; each team member can watch at their convenience. You don't have to worry about interrupting if they are in the middle of a task or helping the public.
    • If you keep the app open, it will work like a walkie talkie- anyone can start talking at any time without prompt
    • Groups are easy to create.  Groups make the conversations easier to track.  (I attached a photo of my Marco home screen)
    • Can go back and watch anytime so team members that were out can stay in the loop.  You can see who has watched your message. (I attached a photo a group conversation opened up. You can see where all the messages are stored, how easy it is to keep up and how you can see who has watched).

• 4.  RE: Shelter Walkie-Talkies

Posted 07-24-2018 01:02 PM

Such an innovative solution! Have you had any push back about using their personal phones for work related purposes, or do you provide work phones to your team?