Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Seeking Funding For A Sweet Kitty

Posted 11-28-2018 08:43 AM
      |   view attached

[Here is the donation link. The story about what happened is under this.]

Hello all, I am new here and just getting all this stuff figured out, but I mostly joined for the sake of this sweet kitty.
    I've been calling her Yukiko(Snow Child) or Yuki(Snow) since I brought her here, but shes not my cat. I have been strongly believing that shes lost as she wound up taking refuge in the shop at the bottom of the hill I live on. The elder woman who owns this shop asked me to look after her because she herself couldn't since she uses a walker at home and has a husband who suffers from dementia. The cat would trouble them too much and upset the balance of things.

I have grown up with cats since I was in the womb and really didn't have the heart to just leave it there when I am lucky enough that I live in a house--not lived in but--owned by my parents, who also love animals. They weren't going to simply evict me over bringing home a helpless kitty and even encouraged me to lure in a cat who is feral into the cellar to wait out a hurricane we were having recently here. Unfortunately, that cat was TOO feral and wouldn't let me so I couldn't do that, but I could help this one.

So, I brought her home and stuck her in my office where there was already one of the two litter boxes used by my other cat. I then gave her some food and water and make sure she was calm and secure.

This girl has been staying with me for maybe a week or so but I'm running dangerously low on food and I just can't afford to pay for the extra cat on top of the two I already have right now. Yet I've gone through hoops trying to find this girl's family or at least a place that will be safe to hand her to if I can't find them.

The biggest problem is that where I live, the shelters that don't put animals down after a while are all full to the brim, including one where they look after over 100 cats at one time and only cats. That shelter tho is run by a nice older woman who told me to keep calling once a week to see if they have any openings, as she really wants to help this girl. But with no funds to pay for her and my folks, after talking to them about her trying to insist that I get rid of her as fast as possible, the pressure is on.

Their reasonings are only of three things. While the first two I may be able to remedy for them the third... is a problem.

Problem one is the one I'm here for now. Financial. Because I don't really have much of an income to speak of, making only less than 30 dollars a month only off my art Patreon for money and get 50 dollars every Monday from my folks simply for food for that week and that Patreon money goes straight to my cats, I'm really sunk here. But I don't have the heart to just kick the cat into the cold or ditch her in a shelter that does kill animals after a while when I know not only would she be at a higher risk of being put down than finding a home--I'll explain why in a minute--but that another animal will likely 98% chance have to die just so she can be admitted? I just... I can't.

Now... problem two is medical reasons. My mom is worried that she may be carrying something dangerous that can and will kill my two cats, like Feline Lucimia or something of the like. But shes also tweaking out because this kitty has a hip issue and shes acting like I'm treating her like a sick human child thats being neglected by not getting her put somewhere else because of the hip thing since she needs to be on meds. Well thats the point of me setting up this donation thing, isn't it? I'm doing everything in my power to help this poor kitty. I WANT to get her treated and see if shes got any sicknesses. But the exam alone between looking into the hip issue and seeing is she may have any sicknesses will cost me at LEAST 115 dollars. Now, thats not counting any medication she has to go on. Don't worry tho, I have no intention to let a possibly sick kitty near my babies and I plan to sanitize that entire room once shes gone if she is sick.

Problem three... shes a girl.
    Yup. Thats right. Her gender is the issue here. One of my cats is a boy who is unfixed, but hes not even the issue on why her being a girl is the problem and he will be fixed after the 19th anyway. No the issue is the fact I already have a female cat and shes so concerned that I have two girls in one house, expecting them to try to kill each other. Now I know this isn't the case... I've had two females before growing up and while they weren't fond of each other they also didn't fight. They just avoided one another. Its not always a chance of war between females, no matter what age you introduce them.

This fundraising page I made is for the sake of at least getting rid of the first two issues and in hopes that if I remove those not only can I help her, but also maybe lower the strain of the third. If I can revoke the first two where shes not stressing anymore about money or sickness, maybe she will lighten up about the third. While my female cat has growled at this girl before she hasn't tried to fight her when I open the door. She just gave a growl and trotted off.

I want to help this girl but I need your help to do it. I can't do it alone. Whats worse if she may not even have a home to go back to, as my mail lady who also goes down the street she was found on said, 'Oh! I know the cat you mean, shes a stray. Theres a bunch on that street.' So this may all come down on me keeping her till I can send her to the cat shelter once they have an opening. So please... help me to help her. Yukiko deserves a fighting chance... whether its getting home is she had one to start or finding a new one.

#specialneeds
    #lostpet
    #stray
    #FundraisingandDevelopment
    #fundraising

• 2.  RE: Seeking Funding For A Sweet Kitty

• 3.  RE: Seeking Funding For A Sweet Kitty

Posted 11-30-2018 10:51 PM

I've tried there before. There aren't any for my area.
    Thats why I made this to begin with.

• 4.  RE: Seeking Funding For A Sweet Kitty

Posted 12-02-2018 06:51 AM

• 5.  RE: Seeking Funding For A Sweet Kitty

Posted 12-02-2018 11:26 AM

I don't understand. 'Wherewh' what?

• 6.  RE: Seeking Funding For A Sweet Kitty

Posted 12-02-2018 05:02 PM

• 7.  RE: Seeking Funding For A Sweet Kitty

Posted 12-03-2018 04:03 PM

Location of what? Mine? The link location to the donation thing is at the top. I'm not giving out my location, I'm not a shelter I'm a resident looking after an animal in need till I can transfer her to Kitty Village. It wouldn't be smart to give out my exact location.

• 8.  RE: Seeking Funding For A Sweet Kitty

Posted 12-03-2018 05:59 PM

Have you put up signs? And if no owner is found, perhaps someone would like to adopt her.  I found a great home for a feral kitten that was dropped on me by the mother, by placing an ad in an online pet ad place.

• 9.  RE: Seeking Funding For A Sweet Kitty

Posted 12-04-2018 09:29 AM

As explained in the thing, I was told by the mail carrier woman that shes a stray. Tho I have still been going around and showing her picture, asking people about her. No one knows where she lives and others say they have seen her, but that they don't think shes owned by anyone.

I called Kitty Village and the woman said she'd take her but she doesn't have any available openings. I have been looking for her home for over a week now.. I found her not long before Thanksgiving. No one is saying they own her and I don't have ink for my printer nor an available library near me to print flyers out. So I'm doing what I can.

I just need the funds to look after her as its a real struggle with her added into the mix of looking after my own two.

I really need to take her to the vet to see if shes sick or not, as well as get her hips checked so I'm really stressed out right now since I can't afford either after speaking with my mom last night shes calmer now that she knows the lady will take her EVENTUALLY but is trying to demand I get her to pay for the medical bills which I SEVERELY doubt will happen since while she'd have to handle that on her own eventually shes probably not gonna wanna transfer money to a woman that isn't even a foster of hers and is just looking after the cat.

Also, my older cat seems to have been dealing with diarrhea now so I'm even more stressed, because I dunno if its the food change that caused it since I had to get a different kind of food for a bit for them while I waited on their food to come, or if shes got a cold or something. Right now with everything going on I can't bring her to the vet to get her checked so I have to play the wait and see game with her for a few days before I see if my mom would be willing to let me bring her in and pay for it for me.

I'm really stressed over my limit right now... -_-;