Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Feline asthma

Posted 03-27-2019 08:20 AM

My bf and I recently adopted a cat from the Humane Society. Five days in, he’s showing signs of respiratory distress. We take him to the emergency vet at 10pm and they tell us they think it’s asthma. We take him to the humane society vet clinic the next morning and they do a radiology and confirm and give us some steroids. I’ve given him a full dose and part of the second (he ate around the treat I snuck it in), but he is constantly coughing and struggling for air every second and we’re going on day two. I haven’t managed more than maybe 8-9 hours of sleep in the last two days and he’s gotten less. All this to say, is there anything else I can do? We have dust free litter already, the roomba vacuums every day, and I don’t know why he suddenly was triggered after 4 days of comfort and calm. Where should I be dusting that I haven’t? Should I look into different foods? Please help me. I’m exhausted and so is he and I’m worried about leaving him alone to go to work tomorrow.

#cat
    #PetHealthandNutrition
    #triggers
    #tips
    #advice
    #health
    #feline
    #asthma
    #trigger
    #help

• 2.  RE: Feline asthma

Posted 05-07-2019 06:55 AM

How is your kitty doing?  The steroid needs a little time to be fully effective, but hopefully things have stabilized.  You may want to chat with your vet about inhalers because that may help in a crisis situation.  You are a good human to take this little kitty into your heart!  

#PetHealthandNutrition