Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Help Save Maddie & Mason From Wrongfully Being Euthanized

Posted 04-02-2020 08:04 AM

Hello everyone. For 56 days now my family has been put through complete and total heartbreak as we’ve been continuously dragged through a broken process of Santa Barbara City deciding if my dogs should be put down. I’m reaching out in hopes to bring awareness to my community and beyond. My family and I are responsible dogs owners as we’ve owned, raised, trained, and have loved these fur babies since they were 9 weeks old. This incident occurred on private property when a neighbor came storming in the yard to complain about a destroyed fence shared at our property line. My dogs, Maddie & Mason, were barking at him in the enclosed front yard when this man pushed his way through them. The incident occurred and he was bit. He doesn’t know which dog bit him, yet they aren’t hesitating to put both dogs down for this. Neither of these dogs deserve to be put to death - they have great reputations within our community and have never been in a altercation previously. They are so loving and nurturing as they are regularly around children whom they adore and play with. They are use to being walked, hiked, and ran everyday. These dogs are the best family members. I’m reaching out for support, advice, and love. These furry children are my babies! Please read, sign, and share Maddie & Masons petition - it would mean everything to my family and I.
    Thank you for your time 🐶❤🐶

#BringMaddieAndMasonHome

www.change.org/maddieandmason

#doglivesmatter
    #animalrights
    #PetHealthandNutrition
    #bringmaddieandmasonhome
    #ilovemydogs

• 2.  RE: Help Save Maddie & Mason From Wrongfully Being Euthanized

Posted 04-03-2020 08:02 AM

Hi Kris,

I am so sorry that you, your family and your precious Maddie & Mason are going through this.  I wish I had some words of wisdom for you.  

It's awful that the neighbor stormed in this way, overstepped and is in no way responsible for his actions.  Or is he?  The laws today don't make a lot of sense that he could do this and not be held accountable.

I don't have any ideas.  Maybe your vet could help somehow by stating how good your dogs have always been?  A trainer that you've used could put in a good word?  I don't know.  I'm just trying to come up with something helpful.

Please keep us posted on how this goes.

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 3.  RE: Help Save Maddie & Mason From Wrongfully Being Euthanized

Posted 04-04-2020 10:18 AM

The person was trespassing on private property. The dogs had every right to "protect" their property. I am sorry the neighbor got bit, but he/she deserves it.  It is NOT the dogs fault.  Don't blame the dogs.  Blame the neighbor!!!!!

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 4.  RE: Help Save Maddie & Mason From Wrongfully Being Euthanized

Posted 04-04-2020 06:54 PM

The dogs were barking at him, so he was warned but chose to ignore them and push his way in.  The dogs were protecting their family and their home.  Was he trying to get bit to start something?  I mean who would push there way in to barking dogs and not think they may not get bit?  

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 5.  RE: Help Save Maddie & Mason From Wrongfully Being Euthanized

Posted 04-03-2020 11:20 PM

I'm so sorry you and your family have to deal with this awful situation. Your pups shouldn't be punished for protecting their family and home. I've never had to deal with something like this so I don't have any insights as to what to do but I signed the petition and shared it on Twitter. I hope your babies are returned safely to you. As Kate's Mom said, please keep us posted.

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 6.  RE: Help Save Maddie & Mason From Wrongfully Being Euthanized

Posted 04-12-2020 08:17 AM

Thank you so much I plan on updating as I can. In this moment I'm in a position where I'm unfortunately waiting for the "wheels of justice" to unravel as the neighbor is most likely going for a lawsuit. In that case, proving my dogs were provoked and most certainly are not vicious is where I'll stand. I miss my babies deeply. Please share my story to whomever if you may! 

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 7.  RE: Help Save Maddie & Mason From Wrongfully Being Euthanized

Posted 04-04-2020 06:56 PM

Kris, I forgot to mention I signed the petition.

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 8.  RE: Help Save Maddie & Mason From Wrongfully Being Euthanized

Posted 04-12-2020 08:14 AM

Thank you so much, means so much to me as I'm trying everything in my power to get these babies back!

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 9.  RE: Help Save Maddie & Mason From Wrongfully Being Euthanized

Posted 04-28-2020 05:55 PM

We are praying for all of you. Have you sent the courts the video that you have made up? Have you asked your other neighbors to write letters etc to the court for their return (with examples of their interactions with the pups etc)? Are their animal-loving attorneys in your area? Have you contacted the Animal Legal Defence Fund or HSUS or Cesar Milan's organization ...for familiar with, experienced, and knowledgable suggestions? If they are found "guilty" are there any other alternatives such as a new fencing system or locks or maybe putting "warning" signs up that will get them home and satisfy the courts? These are just some thoughts...this is so heartbreaking. Praying that you have your beloveds back so very soon. Sarah

#PetHealthandNutrition