Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Foster Program Satisfaction Survey

Posted 07-11-2018 05:57 AM

Does anyone have a sample foster program satisfaction survey they have used with foster parents? Or even suggestions for some good questions? I recently have taken over managing the foster coordinators and foster program in my shelter and am looking for some insight and suggestions for program improvement moving forward.

#FosterPrograms

• 2.  RE: Foster Program Satisfaction Survey

Posted 07-11-2018 07:57 AM

Hi - You can find a sample survey in our brand new How to Build a Foster Program course for Maddie's University, authored for Maddie's Fund by J. Scarlett Kingsley of UC Davis. Below is a link to the free course. The downloadable survey with sample questions is in the Resource tab in Lesson 10 - Retaining Foster Families. It's a Word doc so you can customize it according to your needs.  The entire course has 10 short, interactive modules and is primarily for those who are just starting to build a foster program - but it offers a LOT of downloadable resources throughout, and some great information on recruiting, training and retaining foster volunteers. Have a look! And thank you for all you are doing to save the animals!
    Here is a link to the course - it's free to register! 
     https://www.maddiesuniversity.org/Catalog/LrnrTab2318/catalog/LrnrCtrl2318/catalog/LrnrKC2318/true/FID2318/8bd06da7-a2ed-4e77-81b8-cf1b446d8979

#FosterPrograms

• 3.  RE: Foster Program Satisfaction Survey

Posted 07-11-2018 08:19 AM

Thanks so much!

#FosterPrograms

• 4.  RE: Foster Program Satisfaction Survey

Posted 04-25-2022 08:17 AM
    Is this survey / questions still available?  I cannot bring it up through the link.

------------------------------
    Jean Harman

• 5.  RE: Foster Program Satisfaction Survey

Posted 04-25-2022 09:55 AM
      |   view attached
    Sorry about that, Jean. Yes, the "How to Build a Foster Program" course is still available in Maddie's University. We've moved the University to a new platform since this original post was made in 2018 so the link has changed. Here's the new link to the course:  https://university.maddiesfund.org/products/how-to-build-a-foster-program#tab-product_tab_overview 

If you're specifically looking for a Foster Program Satisfaction survey, you should also check out the Foster Assessment System (FAST-15) tool. It's a free automated survey tool to assess engagement and satisfaction of current foster volunteers.  The 15-question survey was designed by graduates and faculty in the Organizational Science Doctoral Program at the University of North Carolina, Charlotte. I've attached the Survey to this post if you'd like to see what questions are asked.  

(Please note:  the developers are working on FAST-15 today so although you can read about the tool in the link I provided above, you may not be able to signup or login until tomorrow).

Kim Domerofski (she/her)
    Community Manager
    Maddie's Fund

Attachment(s)

pdf
    FAST-15-Foster-Questions.pdf   1.32 MB 1 version

• 6.  RE: Foster Program Satisfaction Survey

Posted 07-14-2018 11:33 AM

If you find any other resources for survey questions I would love to know!  Trying to compile a list of questions.  I am going through the Foster program course, what a great resource!  Already added the lesson 10 survey questions to my list but as stated, would love more!

#FosterPrograms

• 7.  RE: Foster Program Satisfaction Survey

Posted 08-01-2018 08:41 AM

As a foster caregiver myself, I think a question about communication would be good. I have found the communication with the orgs I foster with to be hit or miss. Sometimes very responsive and other times, crickets. 

#FosterPrograms