Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

• 1.  If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

Posted 08-22-2019 08:11 AM

(Don't limit yourself to the ones that already exist-- this is for fun!) Also, what are you interested in learning more about in other ways, such as blogs and webcasts?

#apprenticeship
    #Conferences,WorkshopsandSeminars
    #learning

• 2.  RE: If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

Posted 08-22-2019 08:19 AM

Marketing & social media!!

• 3.  RE: If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

Posted 08-22-2019 09:20 AM

Data and Technology!

• 4.  RE: If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

Posted 08-23-2019 05:55 AM

YES! What data to track, how to track, what technology to make it easier, what to do with the data once you have it, etc....

• 5.  RE: If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

Posted 08-22-2019 09:42 AM

How to have a successful fund raiser

• 6.  RE: If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

Posted 08-22-2019 09:59 AM

Resiliency (which is NOT the same as compassion fatigue)

Adaptive Leadership

And I second Ingrid and Maddie O. There are so many great things to learn!

• 7.  RE: If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

Posted 08-23-2019 10:17 AM

I would attend a workshop focused on resilience "training." That's a great idea.

• 8.  RE: If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

Posted 08-22-2019 12:19 PM

Leadership strategy & staff retention

• 9.  RE: If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

Posted 08-23-2019 07:31 AM

¿How to deal with animal hoarders ? I thing is a topic that all of us have. 

• 10.  RE: If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

Posted 08-23-2019 10:16 AM

Fundraising strategy, particularly in the current political climate. That may be overly specific, but we're having some difficulties with donors who have cut back or stopped giving because they believe there are "better" or "more worthy" causes to give to at the moment. I'd love to be able to talk about making our case for support when there are a heck of a lot of compelling cases out there right now.

• 11.  RE: If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

Posted 08-26-2019 07:05 AM

I'd be interested in one focused on growing your organization successfully (which I think ties in staff retention, resiliency, leadership ,etc.). Our small org has suddenly gotten a ton of attention/interest/uptick in requests over the last year and we are seriously struggling with expansion and the order of "importance" when trying to create/add new leadership roles or new protocol, etc. 

• 12.  RE: If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

Posted 08-27-2019 06:38 AM

I'm an Animal Control Officer. A training i would like to attend is actually one that cases/case studies are presented. Every situation is different but it would be nice to see what has- or hasnt- worked in different abuse, neglect, or hoarding situations. 

• 13.  RE: If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

Posted 08-27-2019 06:58 AM

Storytelling! It's so essential for non-profits (communication, marketing, fundraising, grants, engagement, education) and I would love to learn from other professionals in animal welfare. 

• 14.  RE: If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

Posted 08-28-2019 09:09 AM

There's actually a decent number of resources online for this. A lot of them are more generally about nonprofits, but there are some that are specific to telling animal welfare stories. https://www.aspcapro.org/webinar/2014-01-23/digital-story-telling

• 15.  RE: If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

Posted 08-29-2019 03:34 PM

I’d love to learn more about fundraising when starting a brand new rescue organization!

• 16.  RE: If could pick any topic to attend an apprenticeship on, what would it be?

Posted 09-08-2019 08:15 AM

Starting or growing volunteer programs, providing in-house leadership training for kennel staff/floor staff.