Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Incident Reporting Forms?

Posted 06-16-2018 12:29 PM

We are looking to develop a standardized incident report form for volunteers (and we are all volunteers) who get injured by an animal--bite or scratch.  Does anyone have a form they'd like to share, or something they wish was on their form and isn't, or vice versa?

Just need the basic info:  Name of volunteer, date of injury, animal(s) involved, type of injury, what sort of first aid/medical attention was needed, brief description of what happened, and I think it'd be useful to have a section where the respondent indicates what they think could have been done differently to avoid the incident.

It would be submitted to the board and I don't know what we'd use it for, but for insurance purposes it might be helpful.

#PeopleManagement
    #injury
    #volunteer
    #incident
    #bite

• 2.  RE: Incident Reporting Forms?

Posted 06-16-2018 10:57 PM

Great question about Incident Reporting Form - we too are looking for a form.  If anyone has one please share.

#PeopleManagement

• 3.  RE: Incident Reporting Forms?

Posted 06-18-2018 06:17 AM

We have 2 different forms - an Incident Report that is filled out for any injury/incident, and then a separate Bite Report for when the incident involves someone being bitten by an animal where the bite breaks skin and the animal needs to be quarantined. 

I'm attached a 3rd document that is our Incident Report for employees - this one has extra info (i.e. how do you think this could be prevented in the future), that you may find useful.

#PeopleManagement

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: Incident Reporting Forms?

Posted 06-20-2018 07:18 AM

Thank you, Cindy.  These are very helpful.

#PeopleManagement