Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Are you SICK of SHELTER DATA....?

Posted 12-13-2018 12:04 PM

I know, I know -- enough with all this data stuff already!!

But data does become better -- dare I say, "interesting" or even "exciting" -- when it's made relevant to you and your organization. And that's exactly what we want to do!

We are creating an interactive course focused on how you can use your data to solve real problems in your shelter, ultimately saving more lives, time, and money. The course will be freely available to all through Maddie's University.

So I'm here to ask:

What do you want to learn/know/explore about using data in your shelter or rescue?

We're going to use your questions to guide the development of this course. You can almost guarantee that if you have a question, there are at least a dozen others with a similar one on their minds, so don't be shy!

Feel free to post your questions here or you can send them to me via direct message here on the forum.

Thanks in advance. Can't wait to see and answer your questions!

#data
    #shelterdata
    #sheltersoftware
    #maddieuniversity
    #DataandTechnology

• 2.  RE: Are you SICK of SHELTER DATA....?

Posted 12-14-2018 06:47 AM

Maddies University? Where do I find that and other resorces mentioned on the left side.  Actally, I am interested in how to weave facts into asking styles: https://www.amazon.com/Asking-Styles-Revolutionize-Your-Fundraising/dp/1720610282/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&;qid=1544118772&sr=8-1&keywords=asking+styles+revolutionize+your+fundraising

#DataandTechnology

• 3.  RE: Are you SICK of SHELTER DATA....?

Posted 12-14-2018 04:34 PM

Hi there CJ. You can find Maddie's University right here: https://www.maddiesuniversity.org/

#DataandTechnology

• 4.  RE: Are you SICK of SHELTER DATA....?

Posted 12-14-2018 04:38 PM

CJ, the Favorite Resources section in the left side column is for your favorite resources in groups you belong to. If you belong to a group and that group has resources, you can favorite them and they'll show up in that section. You can learn more about the new left-side shortcuts column and all of the sections in this post: https://maddiespetforum.org/thread/new-features-on-maddie-s-pet-forum-explore-the-december-2018-release/ 

#DataandTechnology

• 5.  RE: Are you SICK of SHELTER DATA....?

Posted 12-14-2018 08:59 PM

How to develop preventative strategies based on the community/organisation data.

#DataandTechnology

• 6.  RE: Are you SICK of SHELTER DATA....?

Posted 12-15-2018 08:48 AM

Hi Nell

Great thought! We'll definitely be discussing this idea. Specifically, we will talk about how you might use community level day -- primarily from Shelter Animals Count -- to develop goal-driven approaches between multiple organizations. Is this what you have in mind?

#DataandTechnology

• 7.  RE: Are you SICK of SHELTER DATA....?

Posted 12-16-2018 02:43 AM

Yes, thanks Mike, it is. Also for those orgs not involved in SAC as well.

#DataandTechnology

• 8.  RE: Are you SICK of SHELTER DATA....?

Posted 12-15-2018 11:29 PM

We do not know what to track to prove our "impact" when we are a no-kill rescue and there is not a kill shelter in our county, no other rescues or shelters in our county. and no animal control. The number of dogs and cats we are helping each year is not going down. We are small and always full. The only way I can think of to prove our impact is to say we have less dogs waiting to get into the shelter or we are getting less calls for help but actually the numbers are probably the same or higher because our reputation is growing. 

#DataandTechnology

• 9.  RE: Are you SICK of SHELTER DATA....?

Posted 12-20-2018 02:44 PM

We are just scratching the surface of cost accounting here at our public, open-admission, no-kill shelter.  How to analyze our operation and assign costs to all the steps of intake, animal care, routine medical care, and outcomes would be hugely helpful.

#DataandTechnology