Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Need Information about Great Volunteer Programs

Posted 06-10-2019 06:39 AM
    Hello;       I would like to do a volunteer program spotlight series and am looking for nominations or information about organizations that I should profile this summer.  Feel free to share this post below with organizations that you feel would be a great example of an organization that utilizes volunteers well and has a great culture.  Thanks so much for your help.    Volunteer Coordination Spotlight Questions:        Tell us a bit about your volunteer program and what sort of volunteer positions you offer?        What have been your greatest successes and challenges in running a volunteer program.          As the volunteer coordinator do you also recruit new volunteers?        Do you handle the training?  What sort of commitment do you require?  Do you have an age limit?          What advise would you give to organizations that might be struggling to manage volunteers?        How do you acknowledge your volunteers?        Would you like to share a neat idea with us?     Anything else you would like to share with our readers?   Please share a bit about your organization and any pictures you might have.     Thank you so much for participating in our Volunteer Program Spotlight.
    #PeopleManagement
    #communitycatspodcast
    #communitycats
    #volunteers

• 2.  RE: Need Information about Great Volunteer Programs

Posted 06-10-2019 11:35 AM

Hi Stacy,

I recommend PAWS Chicago. They have an outstanding Volunteer program. Their program is so good we selected them to host the Maddie's Optimizing Volunteer Engagement Apprenticeship Program.

@stacyprice is from PAWS Chicago and is a member of the forum. Stacy P, meet Stacy L! 

#PeopleManagement

• 3.  RE: Need Information about Great Volunteer Programs

Posted 06-21-2019 06:52 AM

Thanks so much Kim.   Stacy Price feel free to reach out to me if you are interested. 

#PeopleManagement