Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Online, virtual presentation lessons

Posted 05-18-2020 04:36 PM

Hello Everyone, 

During the summer we usually focus on working with our other city departments, like Parks and Rec to speak to their summer camps kids through out the summer. We usually reach about 1,500 kids. We just received word they will not be opening up their summer program and going virtual activities for families to do at home.

We have in the background redoing our RPO lesson into smaller sessions in case this would happen. So far they are Powerpoint with a link to our resource guide. Next step is either recording, just have it live on our website or some other outsource.

The question is how do we put our info out to the public? Is any one doing lessons on live webinars, or video recording on Facebook or YouTube? What about anyone using their web page or other social platform? We are trying to figure out what is the best way to track engagement through any of these outlets. So I'm reaching out to my fellow friends to see what you guys are doing.

I'd appreciate any of your ideas!

#outreach
    #summerprograms
    #online
    #lesson
    #community
    #presentation
    #virtualevent
    #zoom
    #General
    #webex

• 2.  RE: Online, virtual presentation lessons

Posted 05-19-2020 11:00 AM

There's a webinar coming up tomorrow hosted by GrantSpace about shifting your events online during COVID-19 that might have some helpful information for you: https://grantspace.org/training/2020-05-20-shifting-your-events-online-during-covid-19/

For tracking engagement on these videos, there are definitely several options you can choose from. YouTube is a great place to start because you'll have access to analytics like Reach, Engagement, Audience, Traffic Sources, etc. all in one place. Then you can easily share that YouTube video on your social channels or embed it on your website so that all views are tracked back to your YouTube analytics page. If you have Google Analytics connected to your webpage, you can also gain more information about your visitors who engage with the video. 

If you have a large and active Facebook following, you could also use Facebook Live but to me it's a matter of how much data do you want to track. You'll get general data points like Peak Live Viewers, Minutes Viewed, Average % Completion but they're mostly big picture numbers.

In my opinion, YouTube allows you to get more granular and even be able to see where in the world people are watching your videos. Then you can still use your website and social media accounts to help promote and share the lessons. 

Best of luck!

#General