Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Online sales?

Posted 03-28-2020 04:02 PM

Does anyone offer an online thrift shop?  We are looking at expanding our Boutique and offering it via our website.  We use Wordpress and the e-commerce plugin they recommend is WooCommerce.  Does anyone have any experience with this or any other e-commerce plugin?

#e-commerce
    #DataandTechnology

• 2.  RE: Online sales?

Posted 03-30-2020 08:10 AM

Thanks for the tips, we will definitely check them out!

#DataandTechnology

• 3.  RE: Online sales?

Posted 03-30-2020 11:53 AM

Hi Christine! While I do not have any suggestions I just wanted to say I think that is a great idea! Hopefully, you can find your answers even if it is through a regular business example-maybe a small business forum or podcasts such as 48 days Eagles or something similar could help. Have a blessed day and thank you for all that you do for the animals! Sarah

#DataandTechnology

• 4.  RE: Online sales?

Posted 03-31-2020 03:51 PM

Hi Christine, I don't have any answers for you or experience with this.  However, "maybe" Hugh, at Hugh's Views and News might.  He is a blogger who blogs about writing, but he also is a wealth of knowledge about blogging.  He has knowledge about WordPress and answers questions for people.  He is also an animal lover.  Here is a link to his site in regards to blogging info.  You could also contact him/send him an e-mail at the top of the page where it says contact Hugh.  Not sure he'll have the answers for you but if he does I think he would be happy to help you.

https://hughsviewsandnews.com/category/blogging/blogging-tips/

#DataandTechnology

• 5.  RE: Online sales?

Posted 04-02-2020 10:11 AM

Hi Christine,

Our thrift shop has been selling via our Facebook page, Facebook marketplace, Offer Up and LetGo. Ebay is an option but can be a lot more time-consuming- it may be best reserved for specialty items. We are allowing shipping and pick up. You can check out our Facebook page here.

#DataandTechnology