Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Young Professional Group-Need Ideas!

Posted 08-01-2019 10:17 AM

Does anyone have a young professional group to support their organization? We have a group called the "Pawfessionals" but have struggled on the best ways to utilize this group and keep "members" engaged. If anyone has had success, could you share with us what you have them do, goals, etc. 

Thank you in advance!

#advocacy
    #volunteer
    #PeopleManagement

• 2.  RE: Young Professional Group-Need Ideas!

Posted 08-01-2019 03:00 PM

Hello!

• Do you offer monthly meetings or meetups to keep the group committed?
    • Another idea is finding or leading 1 monthly volunteer opportunity, I find once they experience the value in giving back, they become more motivated to continue to do so.
    • How about dog socials where you set up a play time for them to bring their animals together and brainstorm fundraiser ideas?
    • A super sweet concept I learned about in our local shelter is a Summer Camp, where they teach kids all about animals, training and the shelter pet community. 

#PeopleManagement

• 3.  RE: Young Professional Group-Need Ideas!

Posted 08-03-2019 05:29 AM

This is a great idea, most of our volunteers are older, thank you for sharing.

#PeopleManagement

• 4.  RE: Young Professional Group-Need Ideas!

Posted 08-02-2019 06:21 AM

What a great idea! Sam has some great thoughts about running meetings. Can you say more about the purpose of your group?

#PeopleManagement

• 5.  RE: Young Professional Group-Need Ideas!

Posted 08-02-2019 12:28 PM

I'm also curious what the original purpose/goal of this group is :) It sounds neat, but I'm not sure... what they're in it for, I guess?

Like I can think of a ton of misc. projects/work I could use extra people for (haha) but it sounds like this is a "specific type of work" group.

#PeopleManagement

• 6.  RE: Young Professional Group-Need Ideas!

Posted 08-02-2019 03:12 PM

My examples stem from a Young Professionals group I helped run for YP’s Who had a connection to ALS. The ideas shared drove bonds in the group, brainstorming collectively and created some of the non-profits best fundraisers as the millennial fundraising mindset and approach is continually evolving. 

#PeopleManagement

• 7.  RE: Young Professional Group-Need Ideas!

Posted 08-02-2019 04:27 PM

I love this so much! I wish I didn't live in the middle of nowhere!!

#PeopleManagement