Updated 4/1 at 3pm PT: Recording now available to watch on-demand
Please join us for a very important call this Friday as we share and discuss the key takeaways from the Big Dog Masterclass, held earlier this week.
Here is the link to the conference page: https://maddiesmillionpetchallenge.org/big-dog-master-class/?sf159337199=1
With 3,300 registrants and more than 1,500 people attending live, we learned just how much organizations need help managing big dogs populations.
We asked our conference speakers to come to this Friday's call to share their key takeaways and what they see as our next, most-needed steps to help big dogs in shelters this spring and summer.
Just a few of our takeaways from the conference include: - The industry may be complicating something that is simpler than we think
- Barriers and 'protecting' pets from the public are still big factors in why shelters are full
- Organizations have not returned to pre-pandemic levels of volunteer engagement and allowing adopters inside the shelter to see animals
- We need to do more to consider the experience of the dogs
- Language matters - we're using shelter speak and industry jargon at the expense of connecting with the public
- There are a lot of innovations in marketing and technology most shelters are not taking advantage of
- We can do much more to ask for help and make it easy for people to help solve challenges
- There are a lot of new staff in all positions who may not know what some of us consider 'the basics.'
We want to share some of these key takeaways and get your input on what we can do collectively to help mitigate the very real challenges shelters are facing.
In addition, we'll show you where to access the sessions and walk through the big dog resource list, which contains everything you need to start making changes right away.
Maddie's Friday Animal Welfare Leadership Roundup (LINK TO REGISTER)
Quick Reminder: You can also watch previous recordings and continue the conversation at Maddie's Pet Forum!