Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  HASS Toolkit Information: Pet Support Services

Posted 09-12-2021 01:01 PM

If you're looking for ways to support your community and help keep people and pets together, the Pet Support Services Toolkit from Human Animal Support Services (HASS) is packed with helpful templates, FAQs, and provides a step by step guide on how to launch these services at your organization.

Some of the most common reasons animals are surrendered to shelters include issues with housing, lack of access to affordable veterinary care, and the need for behavioral support.  Other reasons include financial strain making it difficult to access pet food and supplies, fencing demands, and a variety of human-related factors such as allergies, divorce, and illness.  These challenges are often the reasons pets are separated from their families, but this amazing toolkit provides solutions you can utilize immediately to better support the people and pets in your community. 

Feel free to reply with your thoughts, questions, comments, would love to hear what you all think: Pet Support Services Toolkit

#AccesstoCare
    #EducationandTraining
    #PetSupportServices*

------------------------------
    Clare Callison
    American Pets Alive

• 2.  RE: HASS Toolkit Information: Pet Support Services

Posted 09-21-2021 06:39 AM
    I know lots of folks in the Pet Support Services breakout room yesterday were intersted in learning more about the Minor Medical Kits that Gateway Pet Guardians sells through our Pet Retail Store without needing a vet appointment.  I have attached a document that shows all the different kits we offer, what is included in them and instructions for use- all approved by our veternarian.  These are essentially "at home remedies" for the most common issues we see- skin issues, flea dermatitis, ear infections, diarrhea/upset stomach, etc.  Each kit includes a coupon for $10 off of one of our flat fee $45 minor medical visits and I have included a document that outlines how we handle the $45 minor medical visits.  If you have any questions, please email jill@gatewaypets.org.

Jill Henke