Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  How to make a Tiktok video for Animal shelters

Posted 08-26-2021 09:37 AM
    The buzz is out about this fantastic presentation from KC Pet Project's own, Katie Grissum. Katie is not only a dedicated member of the HASS Marcom Working Group, but she's also a TikTok celebrity with over 1.8 MILLION followers.

#MarketingandSocialMedia

------------------------------
    Kasey Spain
    Marketing and Communications Senior Manager
    kasey.spain@americanpetsalive.org

• 2.  RE: How to make a Tiktok video for Animal shelters

Posted 09-21-2021 01:15 PM

To piggy back on this post and send it some deserved love, it's important to note that KC Pet Project Raised $10k From One TikTok Video.
    That's  pretty incredible. It doesn't mean it's the norm, but it does mean it's possible. 

I'm 38, I have no idea how to even log into tiktok, but this is absolutely a marketing avenue that cannot be ignored b/c some of us (me, lol) may be uncomfortable or write it off as an app "the kids use." 

Steal This Idea:

https://www.humananimalsupportservices.org/blog/how-kc-pet-project-raised-10k-from-one-tiktok-video/

Thank you all for all you do!

Amber Freiwald
    Maddie's Fund

• 3.  RE: How to make a Tiktok video for Animal shelters

Posted 09-23-2021 01:42 PM
    This is great content!!! I've been pondering the potential of TikTok for rescue work, but I've honestly been a tad intimidated by the process involved. I really appreciated the step by step walk through, and knowing that it is totally okay to start with simple, 15-second clips of something cute and work your way up to more storytelling. Thanks @Katie Grissum!​

Brianna Lovell Myers
    Community Cats Podcast

• 4.  RE: How to make a Tiktok video for Animal shelters

Posted 09-22-2021 02:10 PM
    Yes! This presentation is so good. Thank you @Katie Grissum for sharing with us. Kasey and I are constantly referring people back to it. My favorite tip that Katie shared is to make a habit of recording all the time so can capture the best content and have ton to work with.​

Sara Miller
    American Pets Alive!