Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Does anyone use DOODLY the whiteboard animation software

Posted 12-11-2021 03:21 PM
    Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone was using the "DOOBLY" for marketing, education and promoting?

I am not really tech minded, but can get by and I have been doing a bit of looking around and am drawn to the Doobly. There is a one time fee, but of course that is the ultimate basic package - which I believe would be fine - but wanted to know thoughts from anyone with experience and what packages would be beneficial to have rescue related images and such.

Thanks in advance.

Jen
    #MarketingandSocialMedia

------------------------------
    Jenny Cope - Fear Free Certified
    President/Founder
    Give a Dog a Home, German Shepherd Dog Rescue
    501c3 Non- Profit Corp, Tax ID/EIN 27-5241306
    State of Maine Shelter/Rescue Licence # F1463
    State of Maine Registered Charity: CO11334
    https://giveadogahome.rescuegroups.org/

• 2.  RE: Does anyone use DOODLY the whiteboard animation software

Posted 12-17-2021 07:59 AM
    Hi Jen, 

Doodly is currently running a special promotion here (https://www.doodly.com/special-one-time-price.php) that gives you the opportunity to purchase the Standard license at a one-time fee of $67 with the optional opportunity to upgrade to Enterprise for an additional one-time fee of $97. You can see what's included at each level on our pricing page here (http://www.doodly.com/pricing). You will want to disregard the pricing as it does not apply with the special offer. There are TONS of "add-on's" but that is up to you. We are new at this and just getting our feet wet. Plan on using it for volunteer and staff training, social media posts to promote events, etc. They have really good customer service. 

I hope that helps!

Michael Graham
    The Haven
    251-929-2494

• 3.  RE: Does anyone use DOODLY the whiteboard animation software

Posted 12-17-2021 09:37 AM
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for that - I had already done my research on price and such, but was more interested in if anyone was actually using it and what they found in regards to ease and if several add-ons were needed to be able to get the images for more animal welfare related things.

I am not a shelter, but a rescue so have no purpose for volunteers or staff training as there are none lol. I am one person doing mostly everything with the rescue, living in a rural area where help is very scarce, but wanting to get different marketing tools that I can do, have some fun doing, attract the attention of people, but also not going to take up hours of my time. I know I'm asking for a lot haha.

Thanks for getting back to me,

Jen ;)

Jenny Cope - Fear Free Certified
    President/Founder
    Give a Dog a Home, German Shepherd Dog Rescue
    501c3 Non- Profit Corp, Tax ID/EIN 27-5241306
    State of Maine Shelter/Rescue Licence # F1463
    State of Maine Registered Charity: CO11334
    https://giveadogahome.rescuegroups.org/

• 4.  RE: Does anyone use DOODLY the whiteboard animation software

Posted 12-27-2021 12:32 PM
    Hi Jen,

We have used it for some of our online education stuff.  We've found it to be really fun, easy to use and enjoyed it (and people enjoy the pieces it creates).  You probably will want/need to buy some additional images and they do have lots of options for that.  You can also import images or line art and do a no frills wipe draw or can actually go in manually and create the drawing path so that it looks like the ones that come with it.

I hope this helps and that if you get it you enjoy it and feel it helps with your projects.

Happy Holidays!

Cindi Delany
    UC Davis Koret Shelter Medicine Program