Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Behavior Modification program

Posted 04-28-2022 01:46 PM
    Hi! My name is Holly, volunteer coordinator with the Athens Area Humane Society. We recently had a donor make a restricted gift, and wants all of the funds to go towards implementing a behavior modification program. Are there programs you offer that staff and maybe volunteers interested in working with the program you would recommend?

I have so many ideas, mostly to do with enrichment right now, but putting them into action and getting people on board feels a little bit daunting. Like they say. Why reinvent if you don't have too! :)

Holly

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Admin Disclaimer: This discussion was initially created as a library entry on 01-17-2022 08:49 PM PT. It has been re-created as a discussion thread to make it easier to discover. 

#Behavior,TrainingandEnrichment
    #Conferences,WorkshopsandWebcasts
    #EducationandTraining
    #ReturntoHome(LostPetReunification)

------------------------------
    holly crymes

• 2.  RE: Behavior Modification program

Posted 04-28-2022 01:48 PM
    Hi Holly, 

This is wonderful news! We have a robust and long-time behavior program here at Charleston Animal Society. Please feel free to reach out to our team.

You can email our director of behavior services, Donya Satriale, CAWA at dsatriale@charlestonanimalsociety.org

Best of luck to you and your team!  Lisa Pearce

Lisa Pearce
    Charleston Animal Society
    843-329-0769

• 3.  RE: Behavior Modification program

Posted 04-28-2022 01:49 PM
    Hi Holly,
    I am not affiliated with them but them but the Shelter Playgroup Alliance runs a fantastic program.  My shelter is currently sponsoring their workshops and I'm in progress, so far it's a much better and more humane, positive reinforcement based approach compared to Dogs Playing for Life which I also learned many years ago but don't recommend.
    -Drew

Drew Cottrell

• 4.  RE: Behavior Modification program

Posted 04-28-2022 01:50 PM
    Check out the Advocacy and the Professional  b mod programs at The Fearful Dogs Project.

r. jordan

• 5.  RE: Behavior Modification program

Posted 04-28-2022 01:53 PM
    Austin Pets Alive! has an in-shelter program for CGC preparedness. Because dogs with bite histories cannot be CGC, we created an equivalent called TOP.
    Check out this brief intro video and if you want to launch a similar program for fosters, volunteers, etc. reach out to Thomas Brown

Sarah AGUILAR
    Austin Pets Alive

• 6.  RE: Behavior Modification program

Posted 12-01-2022 01:52 PM
    Hi Holly, 

Here is the program we use for fearful cats if you are interested! 

https://www.baileyheagan.com/animal-welfare-resources

Bailey

Bailey Eagan
    PhD Student
    UBC Animal Welfare Program