Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Video: How to crate train foster puppies under 8 weeks

Posted 05-18-2021 08:40 AM
    Hey All,
    Many puppy fosters think they don't have time to crate train their puppies. Here's a short, cute video that will show your fosters how easy it is to get puppies used to being in a crate.  All they have to do is put crates in the puppies' enclosure with the doors removed or secured open. When I did this with the puppies in this video...I couldn't believe how they stuffed themselves in there over and over! After I stopped laughing, I gave them some more crates : )

I've done this with my puppies and the owners I've talked to said they had few problems with crate training. I remember putting one puppy into his new owner's car and he happily crawled right into a strange crate in a strange car without hesitation and remained quiet for their 4 hour ride home.

Please feel free to share this video : )
    Diane
    #socialization #puppysocialization #puppy #fosterpuppies #FosterPrograms #cratetraining

​​​​​​
    #AnimalBehavior,TrainingandEnrichment
    #FosterPrograms

------------------------------
    Diane Zahorodny
    World Ready Pets

• 2.  RE: Video: How to crate train foster puppies under 8 weeks

Posted 05-18-2021 03:13 PM
    Thanks for sharing this idea, Diane. Such a simple solution that make so much sense. I loved seeing how your foster pups all tried to squish in the crate at the same time. Totally reminds me of the clown cars!😆

Kim Domerofski (she/her)
    Manager of Partnerships & Collaboration
    Maddie's Fund

• 3.  RE: Video: How to crate train foster puppies under 8 weeks

Posted 05-19-2021 11:16 AM
    What a fun video that makes the point even without language!   I've shared it with friends in Montenegro.

April King
    Volunteer and Board Member
    Kotor Kitties

• 4.  RE: Video: How to crate train foster puppies under 8 weeks

Posted 05-19-2021 07:10 AM
    Fun video!!!

alison gibson