Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

What do you think about this forum? Tell us the good, the bad, and the ugly!

• 1.  What do you think about this forum? Tell us the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Posted 09-14-2021 04:20 PM

Today marks one year on our new forum platform 🎉 so it's a perfect time to check in with YOU, our forum members!

What do you like about Maddie's Pet Forum? What frustrates you? What do you wish we would change?

Please be honest. We really want to know! We are a mighty MPF team of two (@Charlotte Otero (she/her) and I) and our sole purpose is to build a tool that helps YOU. We've been fortunate to have @Amber Freiwald working on a special project in MPF over the past couple of months too! We regularly make updates to the forum and need your input to give you what you want and need. Is navigation confusing? Tell us! Is login frustrating? Tell us! Do you have suggestions for improvements? Tell us! Nothing is off-limits. 

What keeps you coming back?
    What drives you crazy and makes you never want to return?​

This is a safe space and we're completely open to your feedback. We'd love to be able to follow up with you if we have additional questions about your comments but if you feel more comfortable giving constructive criticism anonymously just check the "Post anonymously" box on your reply. 

Thanks for being a forum member. We're looking forward to hearing your feedback on the forum -- the good, the bad, and the ugly! 

​​​​​​
    #DataandTechnology

------------------------------
    Kim Domerofski, MPF Community Manager
    &
    Charlotte Otero, MPF Community Strategist

• 2.  RE: What do you think about this forum? Tell us the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Posted 09-15-2021 01:06 PM
    Well hoppy anniversary! That's awesome. I don't know what the old forums look like, so have nothing to compare this format to. But as someone who runs forums for our own community, I can say that I really like the functionality here. Everything is pretty intuitive for me, and your photo uploading feature is super cool and easy (much easier than my own system's photo uploading method). Can I ask what program you are using for these forums?

Rene Agredano
    Tripawds

• 3.  RE: What do you think about this forum? Tell us the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Posted 09-15-2021 01:53 PM

Thanks for your feedback, Rene! So happy to hear that it's intuitive and you like the photo uploading feature.

When we launched the forum initially four years ago, we worked with developers to build our own forum platform. After a few years, we realized that going with an out of the box platform was a better option and migrated to Higher Logic last September. 

Thanks again! If you think of anything else or have any more feedback, please share it anytime!

Kim Domerofski (she/her)
    Community Manager
    Maddie's Fund

• 4.  RE: What do you think about this forum? Tell us the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Posted 09-16-2021 08:19 AM
    You know I would say the only other thing I can think of is that the emailed notifications don't preview all that well in my in-box. When they appear, the messages don't show up in the window, and I have to scroll to the right. No biggie, just a little nitpicky, just an extra step. I use an open source platform (Libre Office) so I'm probably the only weirdo this is happening to.

Rene Agredano
    Tripawds

• 5.  RE: What do you think about this forum? Tell us the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Posted 09-16-2021 03:47 PM
    I'm not sure if we can help with that but could you send me a screenshot so we can see how the email notifications display for you, Rene? If there's something we can do on our end, we'll make it happen!

Kim Domerofski (she/her)
    Community Manager
    Maddie's Fund

• 6.  RE: What do you think about this forum? Tell us the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Posted 09-17-2021 05:58 PM
    Of course it's not previewing wonky now! If it happens again I'll let you know.

Rene Agredano
    Tripawds

• 7.  RE: What do you think about this forum? Tell us the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Posted 09-18-2021 03:10 PM
    Ah! It happened. Here's a screenshot.

Rene Agredano
    Tripawds

• 8.  RE: What do you think about this forum? Tell us the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Posted 09-20-2021 11:03 AM
    Bummer! Sorry it happened again, Rene, but thanks for sharing the screenshot. We'll do some research to see if there's anything we can do on our end to address that.

Kim Domerofski (she/her)
    Community Manager
    Maddie's Fund

• 9.  RE: What do you think about this forum? Tell us the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Posted 09-20-2021 01:22 PM
    Hi Rene!   Have you tried doing "Control + the minus sign" to see if that works?  Sometimes I come across a website that is a bit wonky fitting my computer screen that way, and it brings it into a centered, viewable position.

Good luck!

April King
    Volunteer and Board Member
    Kotor Kitties

• 10.  RE: What do you think about this forum? Tell us the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Posted 09-17-2021 01:30 PM
    Happy anniversary indeed!

I must have joined right when the new platform came into use.  Although I don't partipate much by posting, I've found lots of helpful ideas and information just by exploring some of the "rabbit holes" of conversations.  I think it's been clear whenever I use it.

Overall, I find the various projects and parts of Maddies Fund confusing....  did I see that through the University?  Through the forum?  Through something else?  How do I get to that from here?  That sort of thing.  But I am.... easily confused with technology and various platforms, so I think that's me, not Maddie's!

Thanks for all you do!!

April King
    Volunteer and Board Member
    Kotor Kitties

• 11.  RE: What do you think about this forum? Tell us the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Posted 09-17-2021 02:19 PM
    Thanks so much for the feedback, April! It's absolutely fine that you don't participate by posting. If exploring conversations and reading what others post is helpful, that's a win-win.  We're all here to help each other. Should you have a question in the future, I hope you feel comfortable posting but there's no pressure at all. You do you!

Is your confusion around how to navigate between our Maddie's Fund website, Maddie's University, and Maddie's Pet Forum or is it more of seeing/receiving a lot of content and not knowing how to find it again? Or something else?

If it's having trouble navigating between our three sites, you can quickly toggle between them if you click on the boxes in the top right of all of our sites, next to your name and photo/avatar. 
    screenshot of the Maddie's Pet Forum header with arrows pointing to links to Maddie's Fund website and Maddie's University
    If there's something else specific you need help with, please don't hesitate to reach out to @Charlotte Otero (she/her) or me! Thank you again for sharing your feedback. 

​

Kim Domerofski (she/her)
    Community Manager
    Maddie's Fund