Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Your input needed on this quick, harder-to-place pets project

Posted 09-17-2021 02:36 PM

I'm linking below to a Jamboard, where we're collecting information on how you've gotten specific, harder-to-place pets into foster homes and the strategies you use to work with their fosters. Do you have a few minutes to add 2 sticky notes based on a harder-to-place pet and one of your best fosters?

Frame 1: think of a harder-to-place pet that you've gotten into foster. On the sticky note, put the pet's name, your organization, why the pet was harder to place and the strategy that worked for you in getting them placed in foster.

Frame 2: think of one of your best fosters. If you have behavioral or special needs fosters, use one, but if you don't, just base it on the experience you've had with a good foster. Add the foster's initials or a fake name for them, your organization, the types of pets this person fosters and any particular strategies you utilize with them.

Then, check out the other responses! Here's the link: Harder-to-Place Pets (Foster) - Google Jamboard

You don't need to be a foster coordinator to do this-- I filled out 2 sticky notes based mostly on experience as a foster.

#FosterPrograms

------------------------------
    Kelly Duer
    Maddie's Fund

• 2.  RE: Your input needed on this quick, harder-to-place pets project

Posted 09-18-2021 09:04 AM
    Thanks for sharing this; I'm currently helping to look for a foster or adopter for a dog, and will definitely share when he finds his foster/home. Thank you for sharing this!

Cindy Scherban
    Spirit Animal Project