Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Conference: Join Us at The Association's Looking Forward: The Future of Animal Welfare Virtual Conference on December 7-9

• 1.  Conference: Join Us at The Association's Looking Forward: The Future of Animal Welfare Virtual Conference on December 7-9

Posted 11-10-2021 07:38 AM
      |   view attached
    Join us Dec 7-9

WHAT: 
    A three-day virtual conference to wrap up the year and propel us into 2022… and beyond

WHEN: Tuesday, December 7 - Thursday, December 9; starting at 1pm Eastern Time each day.

FOR WHOM: Anyone in animal welfare who is interested in thinking boldly and strategically to plan and support long-term growth and mission success

WHY: The content and the community. We'll be looking at the future through various lenses, so three half-days will give us time to absorb these big topics:

• Addressing Security Issues in Animal Welfare 
    • Assessing the State of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion in Animal Welfare: Where Do We Go from Here?
    • More Positive, Less Punitive: Finding Balance in Humane Law Enforcement
    • Technology: Your Mission's New BFF
    • Serving the WHOLE Community: How to Use Data as Your Roadmap
    • The DC Cat Count: Establishing Common Ground for Collaboration & Cat Population Management
    • The Future of Talent Acquisition and Retention
    Plus, we'll serve up opportunities to connect with colleagues for juicy conversations on timely industry topics. 

Learn more and register now >>

#Conferences,WorkshopsandSeminars

------------------------------
    Kelly Cunningham
    The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Conference: Join Us at The Association's Looking Forward: The Future of Animal Welfare Virtual Conference on December 7-9

Posted 12-03-2021 12:23 PM
    I'm looking forward to another great AAWA conference next week! 

Maddie's Fund will be sponsoring the "More Positive, Less Punitive: Finding Balance in Humane Law Enforcement" session on Thursday, Dec. 9th at 2:25pm ET featuring panelists @Justin Marceau, Steve MacKinnon and Mary Lou Randour. 
    Session Sponsored by Maddie's Fund
    Who else is attending the virtual conference next week and from where? I'll be tuning in from Central Oregon with my pups. I really enjoyed the Unmuted Sessions from the last AAWA conference so I'll definitely be attending more of those sessions this time around. Are there any specific sessions I should also make sure I don't miss? 

Maddie's Fund has also provided scholarships to 25 attendees all #ThanksToMaddie. If you're one of the scholarship recipients we'd love to hear from you in the comments.

Have a great weekend and see you virtually at the conference on Tuesday! 
    ​​​​​

Charlotte Otero
    Community Strategist at Maddie's Fund
    she/her

• 3.  RE: Conference: Join Us at The Association's Looking Forward: The Future of Animal Welfare Virtual Conference on December 7-9

Posted 12-07-2021 10:23 AM
    Hi, I'm Cate from Vieques Humane Society in Puerto Rico. I am one of the scholarship recipients - thank you so much Maddie's Fund!

Cate Johnston
    Vieques Humane Society and Animal Rescue