Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  My Dog Is My Home 2022 Co-Sheltering Conference

Posted 01-11-2022 03:42 PM
    Hello!  My name is Sarah and I work for My Dog Is My Home, a nonprofit in the U.S. dedicated to preserving the human-animal bond, through increasing access to shelter and housing for people experiencing homelessness with their companion animals. 

Our Second Annual Co-Sheltering Conference will be held virtually from March 1-3, 2022 and the theme is "Stronger Together: Building Allyship Between Movements."  The conference will provide a learning and community building space for animal welfare organizations, homeless services providers, government administrators, and academics (for example) committed to co-sheltering.  Our exciting lineup of speakers encompasses Sterling Davis of TrapKing Humane, Jill Pable of Design Resources for Homelessness, Vickie Ramirez of the Center for One Health Research, Willie Baronet of We Are All Homeless, Kristen Baltrum of Annie & Millie's Place, and many more on our website and to be announced.  You'll also be able to enjoy curated storytelling segments, opportunities for interaction, and many giveaways.  

As the foundation of co-sheltering is inclusivity, My Dog Is My Home's conference welcomes participants of all backgrounds.  If you or anyone from your organization is interested in attending, you may find more information on our website and registration pageOur Early Bird discount is available until January 18th.  We also have conference scholarships, student rates, and sponsorship opportunities should you be interested. 

Thank you for your devotion to animals.  We'd be honored to have your support for this one-of-a-kind event.  If you have any questions, you may reach me at: sarahh@mydogismyhome.org.

Sarah Hernandez

#Conferences,WorkshopsandWebcasts

------------------------------
    Sarah Hernandez
    My Dog Is My Home

• 2.  RE: My Dog Is My Home 2022 Co-Sheltering Conference

Posted 01-12-2022 09:11 AM
    The conference last year was amazing. I learned so much, and the storytelling segments were very well produced and engaging. The conference brought together people working in the human sphere and those working in the animal sphere who had too long been separated. Working together has been exciting, and the work has only just begun. I very much recommend this conference. Thank you for organizing it!

Erika Shaffer
    Maddie's Fund

• 3.  RE: My Dog Is My Home 2022 Co-Sheltering Conference

Posted 01-18-2022 01:18 PM
    Our My Dog Is My Home Co-Sheltering Conference 2022 Early Bird registration discount has been extended to Friday, January 21st.  We are honored to announce Julián Castro as a keynote speaker.  A former Democratic candidate for President, Castro served as the 16th Secretary of Housing and Urban Development under President Barack Obama from 2014 to 2017, and as mayor of San Antonio from 2009 to 2014.  At HUD, he led progress at the Department that earned it recognition as one of the most improved federal agencies.

We are also thrilled to report the addition of Dr. Kwane Stewart, whose efforts to help pets and people alike have been chronicled by "The Street Vet" television series; Sterling Davis, the founder of TrapKing Humane Cat Solutions and advocate for men in cat rescue and black communities; as well as Roger Olmos, animal activist and author and illustrator of #amiciperlapelle.  We will be announcing more speakers soon.

If you have any questions, you may find more information at our website www.mydogismyhome.org or you may email me at sarahh@mydogismyhome.org.  Thank you!

Sarah Hernandez
    My Dog Is My Home