Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

What are some ways you support staff to engage them in community involvement and volunteering?

• 1.  What are some ways you support staff to engage them in community involvement and volunteering?

Posted 01-21-2023 02:38 PM
    I am hoping to launch some sort of initiative to encourage our clinic staff to connect with the community in different, non-animal related ways. DVMs and CVT get CE support, but I'd like to expand that to allow us some time to dedicate to other outreach opportunities, connecting with human health services organizations, schools, etc. I personally would like to reach out to high schools or community organizations and connect with BIPOC youth and find ways we can be involved to encourage BIPOC success in STEM, specifically veterinary medicine. As a Latinx professional, I understand the importance of this group's representation in the veterinary field. I want to support this much needed area of development. My hope is by starting an initiative, other staff members may be compelled to start their own. Would love to hear some ways leaders in their organizations support their staff with their own projects and community outreach initiatives!
    #CommunityPartnerships*
    #Diversity,Equity,InclusionandJustice
    #PeopleManagement(includingVolunteerIntegration)

------------------------------
    Haidi Rodriguez
    Practice Manager/CVT
    WisCARES
    Madison WI
    (608) 561-7387
    ------------------------------