Animal Welfare Professionals

• 1.  My cat stop walking & cannot move its back legs. What should i do?

Posted 06-13-2020 12:33 PM

My cat name is Oscar, he is 2 years old. Suddenly I found that "Oscar" can not walk properly. Oscar is a hybrid of Bengal cat and  Burmese cat. I read several articles on the internet---and find that its a heart condition that paralyzes the leg. But I am not quite sure why Oscar cannot walk (why heart problems will paralyze the leg does not make sense). Need experience vet suggestion. 

#newcat
    #PetHealthandNutrition
    #catcannotwalk
    #bengalcat

• 2.  RE: My cat stop walking & cannot move its back legs. What should i do?

Posted 06-15-2020 04:40 AM

Please take you cat to a vet immediately. A cat belonging to one of our fosters recently had the same condition and was diagnosed with a saddle thrombosis. It was in extreme pain and had to be euthanized.

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 3.  RE: My cat stop walking & cannot move its back legs. What should i do?

Posted 06-23-2020 06:51 PM

Take your cat to the vet immediately. Sometimes if a cat has an enlarged heart, a blood clot can happen in the back that not only causes indescribable pain and back leg paralysis the cat also looses all control of it's bladder and doesn't know or care to know where it is all it can concentrate on is the indescribable pain. If this is the case then most humane thing to do is to put it to sleep. I am not a vet, but I have had experience with senior cats.

#PetHealthandNutrition