Animal Welfare Professionals

• 1.  Website to find New Vet

Posted 07-27-2020 04:42 PM

Hi! We're building a platform to help new (and existing) pet parents find new veterinarians. What is most important to you when picking a vet?

#PetHealthandNutrition
    #veterinarian

• 2.  RE: Website to find New Vet

Posted 07-29-2020 04:01 AM

I want a vet who:

• keeps him/herself informed of new developments in veterinary care (Difficult to assess)
    • considers me a partner in the care of my pets (Usually apparent after a few visits)
    • loves the types of animals s/he treats (Believe it or not, I've heard a vet state that she doesn't like cats)

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 3.  RE: Website to find New Vet

Posted 08-09-2020 04:58 AM

I'd like a list of vets who can treat neonatal kittens.

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 4.  RE: Website to find New Vet

Posted 08-10-2020 02:37 AM

We once had a vet who was referred by a friend.   What was so nice is that the owner of the practice had age and experience and he had three other vets working at his practice.  The newest vet was recently out of school.  So we had the best of both worlds, age and experience mixed with new knowledge, and everything in between.  When our pets had difficult to treat or diagnose illnesses it was nice to know that there were three great minds working together to help our pets.  And they all loved animals, so did their staff.

Like gardencat said it's important that they love the animals they help.  There are vets who do not like dogs, or cats, or people.

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 5.  RE: Website to find New Vet

Posted 08-17-2020 11:07 PM

There are various things you need to consider while picking a Vet-

1. Find a veterinarian that has an expertise in treating dogs
    2. Must have proper license
    3. Take care of your dog fully
    4. Consider the cost and location
    5. Your pet should be comfortable

Well, these are some important things to look after when finding a vet.

Get more information about pet & dog from here: https://www.studypets.com/

#PetHealthandNutrition