Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  GoodPups App? Feedback request

Posted 03-13-2021 09:01 AM
      |   view attached
    I'm hoping to get some feedback on the GoodPup app - a training/behavior help app that offers a week free for adopters and fosters for one-on-one support with certified trainers and then an option for more that includes a donation to the shelter that signs up users. I see that several larger groups are using it, including PACC, San Diego Humane and AAWL. While we would prefer to use local trainers and do, they are booked and overwhelmed.  I'll attach more details of their service but if you have used them, please let me know and message me if you'd like to keep your comments private. Thanks!
    #Behavior,TrainingandEnrichment

------------------------------
    Ben Swan
    Espanola Humane

Attachment(s)

pdf
    GoodPup Intro.pdf   2.53 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: GoodPups App? Feedback request

Posted 08-10-2021 04:30 PM
    Our shelter has been using it for about six months and their service has been great!  They even send us color flyers to place in our dog adoption packets. I love that training can be affordable one on one with you and your dog with your instructor using something like Zoom.  No stress in taking your dog to a class full of other dogs.
    The program is only as successful as your Adoption Counselors and intake staff make it though.  Take the time to train them and make sure they know it is a requirement that they ask!

Kimberly Jones
    Humane Society of Washington County

• 3.  RE: GoodPups App? Feedback request

Posted 08-10-2021 04:31 PM
    Our shelter has been using it for about six months and their service has been great!  They even send us color flyers to place in our dog adoption packets. I love that training can be affordable one on one with you and your dog with your instructor using something like Zoom.  No stress in taking your dog to a class full of other dogs.
    The program is only as successful as your Adoption Counselors and intake staff make it though.  Take the time to train them and make sure they know it is a requirement that they ask!

Kimberly Jones
    Humane Society of Washington County