Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Foster Incentives

Posted 06-04-2021 06:46 AM
    Hello!
    I'd love to hear any innovative incentives to build a larger foster base. Is there something you do to recruit good fosters? Please share! I tried a monthly stipend once but it was unsuccessful.
    Thanks,
    Kim
    #FosterPrograms

------------------------------
    Kim Bush
    Rescue Me Animal Advocacy

• 2.  RE: Foster Incentives

Posted 06-04-2021 10:38 AM
    Hi Kim! 

Here are a few previous threads and on the forum with this specific question and resources that may help give you some ideas:
    - Question of the Week #29 - Recruiting Fosters 
    - Foster Parent Recruiting Tool 
    - Foster Recruit [From the Adult Dog Foster Care group]
    -
    Four articles designed to recruit new foster caregivers
    - Foster car window stickers

Charlotte Otero
    Community Strategist at Maddie's Fund
    she/her

• 3.  RE: Foster Incentives

Posted 06-04-2021 11:10 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Kim! 

I have a ton of resources for you, but my most important tip for you right now is to make it as easy as possible for people to foster for you. I just went to your website and took a look. I'd highly recommend putting something about your need for fosters, and an easy way to sign up in a prominent place on there. Also, talk about foster constantly in order to familiarize your supporters with it and get them comfortable with the idea. I'm attaching a document full of links to resources on recruitment-- a webcast, blogs, etc. Let me know if you have any questions!

Kelly Duer
    Maddie's Fund

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: Foster Incentives

Posted 06-21-2021 03:17 PM

I'm new to this group but I'm desperate right now. My dog needs surgery we took him to the animal hospital yesterday and he's got a mass in his abdomen that needs removed and I spent everything I had ($680 just to find that he needs explatory surgery and they sent me and beardog home cause I don't have the money. Is there anything or anywhere I can do or go to get help. My baby is slowly dying right now. Thank you Lana Aguilar

Lana Aguilar
    Beardog

• 5.  RE: Foster Incentives

Posted 06-22-2021 04:37 AM
    Try Banfield Foundation or Google "help with veterinarian expenses." Lots of resources out there to help individuals. Take care. Roberta

Roberta Jocius
    Independent Cat Society

• 6.  RE: Foster Incentives

Posted 06-22-2021 09:50 AM
    Hi Lana, 

I'm so sorry to hear about your beautiful dog. The Humane Society of the United States has a comprehensive list of organizations that provide financial assistance to pet owners in need. Scroll down to the Nationwide Assistance section on this webpage:  https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/are-you-having-trouble-affording-your-pet 

All the best to you and Beardog,
    Kim

Kim Domerofski (she/her)
    Manager of Partnerships & Collaboration
    Maddie's Fund

• 7.  RE: Foster Incentives

Posted 06-21-2021 01:33 PM
    Thank you so much for taking the time to check it out! Sorry for the delay, it went to my junk folder.