Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Cloud Based Pet Rescue Database

• 1.  Cloud Based Pet Rescue Database

Posted 07-08-2021 02:54 PM
    We are interested in finding out which cloud based pet databases other rescues are using that support both IOS and Android platforms.

We are hoping to find a solution that offers migration assistance along with a robust feature set.

It is also important that a company have adequate staffing to continue to enhance their product and offer support.

Please post your favorite cloud based pet database.
    #DataandTechnology
    #MarketingandSocialMedia
    #PeopleManagement(includingVolunteerIntegration)
    #PetSupportServices*

------------------------------
    Holly Roge

• 2.  RE: Cloud Based Pet Rescue Database

Posted 07-09-2021 08:51 AM

Hi Holly,

We built a comprehensive software solutions specifically for dog/cat rescues. Best of all, everything works on all phones, tablet and computers. You can see more info here: Buzz to the Rescues

Features Include >

Dogs & Cats: Public Profile, Internal Pet Manager (History, Routine, Disposition, Medical suite, Documents, Notes)

Applications: Adopter, Foster, Volunteer. Relate Pets w/People in 1 Click

Donations: Full Donor Management Suite

Reports: Query 2,000+ fields, download as CSV, search, filter, pre-built state reports & Shelter Animals Count Report

Integrations: Petfinder, Adopt-a-Pet, Found Animals, Social Media, PayPal, More

I'd love to discuss it with you. You can call me at 310.918.1974 or email me at laurie@buzzgroupinc.com

Laurie Paquette

Founder | Buzz to the Rescues

Laurie Paquette
    Buzz to the Rescues

• 3.  RE: Cloud Based Pet Rescue Database

Posted 07-09-2021 04:01 PM
    Laurie, I'm not with a rescue but I'm curious: does your system have the ability to categorize special needs dogs and cats with specific physical/medical attributes, like "amputee"? We get lots of folks asking for help finding a Tripawd, and none of the major adoption search engines get more specific in their pet descriptions than "special needs." I would love to see that happen some day!

Rene Agredano
    Tripawds

• 4.  RE: Cloud Based Pet Rescue Database

Posted 07-09-2021 04:19 PM

Hi Rene,

It currently says "Doesn't Walk Well" but our software is built by people like you who are making us aware of ideas we had not thought of.

Next week we will have a Tripawd option which will be selectable by the rescue admins and will show on the front end of the website on every dog/cat card  a sample of which you can see here (scroll down) and detail page which you can see here.

Thanks for the idea - I love it!

Laurie Paquette
    Buzz to the Rescues

• 5.  RE: Cloud Based Pet Rescue Database

Posted 07-10-2021 02:29 PM
    Pawesome! Thank you for taking that into consideration. I hope more will follow!

Rene Agredano
    Tripawds

• 6.  RE: Cloud Based Pet Rescue Database

Posted 07-13-2021 11:11 AM
    I'm one of three volunteers who spent six months of last year looking at cloud-based database systems for our rescue, Big Bones Canine Rescue in Colorado. We chose AnimalsFirst after looking at 8 different vendors, and we are so happy with the choice. It was the only system that gave us the ability to customize fields, create new custom fields, and adapt the software to our process. We were able to incorporate our tracking and approval of home visits right in the software, for instance. 

We converted in January and by early March, they had rolled out two new features: an end-to end application to contract/payment module. So now adopters can view the progress of their application and requests for dogs as well as medical files for their adopted dogs When approved, they can sign their contract and pay in their portal. And everything is updated in the AnimalsFirst dashboard immediately. 

They also created a brand new Foster Portal. Fosters can view the records for their own foster dogs, update bios, photos and medical records. That, too, is customizable and you can allow or restrict any part.

Reports are easy and just a couple of clicks away to see intakes, outcomes, adoptions, applications and payments reports and records and more.

With a feed from the AnimalsFirst dashboard, the website is totally up to date with which dogs are available. 

The best part is we are saving money. When adopters pay, they are charged a service fee, we keep half and AnimalsFirst keeps half, which completely offsets our credit card charges.  Plus, there's a donation screen before the payment screen, and we're averaging about $10 per adoption in additional donations.

It works so well and is so easy to use, I am now working with AnimalsFirst with new customers. I'm happy to talk with you or anyone else interested in seeing a quick demo of AnimalsFirst. I can be reached at llea@AnimalsFirst.com 

Linda Lea
    Big Bones Canine Rescue

• 7.  RE: Cloud Based Pet Rescue Database

Posted 08-04-2021 08:30 AM
    oooh i know of a system being built to solve both the back-end organizational issues and the front-end customer ones- using machine intelligence to relieve much of the manual aspects of our work. this is unlike anything else out there...here's their survey (https://forms.gle/FVisvgLbRtpgwPKp6)  which will not only help you get resolutions you need but you will get free service for your org for life :)

Jme thomas

• 8.  RE: Cloud Based Pet Rescue Database

Posted 08-04-2021 10:46 AM
    @Jme thomas, that sounds amazing. Would you provide a little more information about who is building this system? The form says "FUNTA Registration Survey" but doesn't say anything about who FUNTA is or give any details about the individual or organization behind it.  That's a lot of data they're collecting and I personally would be wary about sharing that much data with an unknown entity.  Others may feel the same way so I'm hoping you can share more info or ask the individual/organization developing the system to share it.

Thanks!​

Kim Domerofski (she/her)
    Community Manager
    Maddie's Fund

• 9.  RE: Cloud Based Pet Rescue Database

Posted 08-04-2021 11:11 AM
    Yes, who is FUNTA?

Holly Roge

• 10.  RE: Cloud Based Pet Rescue Database

Posted 08-04-2021 12:51 PM
      |   view attached
    it's a very new company, but i can say for sure it's legit- especially as i am helping in the development ;) the data will be used in aggregate- and part of the reason we ask those details is to determine what pain points there are that we have not already addressed...this is to make the system better- but not to call anyone out. this system is designed to not only unify what you are doing and take away tedious manual processes but to allow you to seamlessly engage with the community...OH and i see i can upload a pdf which i didn't see before, but that should answer a lot of questions!

Jme thomas

Attachment(s)

• 11.  RE: Cloud Based Pet Rescue Database

Posted 08-04-2021 10:37 PM
    @Elena Battles, you are always my go to about any cloud based info!​

Bobby Mann

• 12.  RE: Cloud Based Pet Rescue Database

Posted 08-06-2021 09:12 AM
    @Bobby Mann so now I understand why you keep telling me my head is in the clouds! (oof - corny!) 

@Holly Roge​ great question -- it's really the best time in animal welfare history when it comes to technology. lots of innovation happening and many systems to choose from.

It looks like you've had some great suggestions so far. We created this guide to help you compare systems and find the best for your rescue. We created it at Shelterluv, but you can use it for any software comparison: Animal Rescue & Shelter Software Selection Guide 

Good luck!

elena battles