Animal Welfare Professionals

Regrowing dewclaw of my newly adopted Dog

• 1.  Regrowing dewclaw of my newly adopted Dog

Posted 06-01-2020 06:49 PM

Im a doberman pincher owner who lives in nyc. I bought a puppy last November and she was 2months old with all dew claw removed and health certificated, but once i got her and early this year i figured that she has huge allergies(seasonal, born with skin problem) and one of her dew claw is growing back and shes in a huge pain because of that. The medical bills are so expensive for those treatments and especially dewclaw removal again is not a easy surgery for her(doberman pincher 8month old 55lbs now) also needs specific blood test only for doberman pincher surgery and that cost about 250-300$ just itself. Does this i need to pay all by myself or is it something the original breeder should take care with their vet where first dewclaws were done???

**i already spend $7-900for allergy care and still working on her skin problem, and when i ask my vet about her dewclaw problem, my vet said just surgery itself will be at least $500 without blood test and anesthesia fee.** 

I wish i could just leave her dewclaw grow but shes in A HUGE PAIN. I have no choice for re removal.

#General