Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

• 1.  Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 05-27-2021 09:04 AM
    Our Tripawds Foundation has a few important, financial aid programs and two that we especially want rescues to know about; our Tripawds Rescue Fund, and our ASAP Program for financially distressed pet parents whose dog or cat is facing amputation surgery.

But we are having a tough time building awareness of these programs within the rescue community. Social media posts and sharing hasn't had good results.

If you have development expertise, we would be so grateful for some helpful strategies to reach rescues, either directly or indirectly through an umbrella org. 

I'd love to know what kinds of people within those rescues that we should be targeting, so that the information we share sticks within their org and the group remembers that these programs exist.

Thanks so much for your insight!
    #FundraisingandDevelopment
    #MarketingandSocialMedia

------------------------------
    Rene Agredano
    co-founder, Tripawds.com
    the world's largest support community for animal amputees and their humans

• 2.  RE: Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 05-27-2021 11:50 AM
    @Brittany Ransonet

xo,
    Amber

Amber Freiwald
    Maddie's Fund

• 3.  RE: Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 05-28-2021 07:00 AM
    Hi Rene,

You just reached our rescue, Desert Labrador Retriever Rescue in Arizona, and I have shared your information with our Board.
    I am on the Board of Directors so that might be your target for reaching other rescues.

There is also an umbrella org for rescues in Arizona you could contact:  https://pacc911.org/

We rescue dogs that need amputation surgery so thank you for providing a resource to help us financially with those costs.

Sincerely,
    Elizabeth Smiley
    Desert Labrador Retriever Rescue
    www.dlrraz.org

Elizabeth Smiley
    Desert Labrador Retriever Rescue

• 4.  RE: Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 05-28-2021 01:51 PM
    Oooh thank you Elizabeth! I didn't even think about going directly to the boards, that is a wonderful idea! Will do. Much appreciated.

Rene Agredano
    Tripawds

• 5.  RE: Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 05-28-2021 01:27 PM
    Hi Rene,
    Do you join either of the Monday/ Friday calls for shelter and rescue organizations? Those might be a great place to share if not. There are one to two hundred people from animal welfare orgs on the calls each week. There isn't a call Monday because of the holiday but they resume next Friday, June 4th.

Another idea is to reach out to national orgs for them to share in their communications (if you haven't already done so). 

Brittany Ransonet

• 6.  RE: Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 05-28-2021 01:54 PM
    Thank you Brittany, these are terrific ideas. No I haven't been on the calls, but I will try to be there next Friday.  As for national orgs, do you mean folks like Best Friends and that type of national rescue org?

Rene Agredano
    Tripawds

• 7.  RE: Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 05-28-2021 03:53 PM
    Awesome! Yes, national orgs like Best friends, the association for animal welfare advancement, the ASPCA, HSUS, Maddie’s Fund, etc as we all reach that audience. We could include something in our weekly roundup in June if you’d like.

Brittany

• 8.  RE: Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 05-28-2021 05:22 PM
    Got it! These are great places for us to begin, thank you so much. And yes we would be THRILLED if you included us in the round-up. Let me know if there's anything you need from me. Really appreciate it!

Rene Agredano
    Tripawds

• 9.  RE: Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 06-01-2021 01:32 PM
    Sounds great! Unless there is anything else you'd like to include, we can just pull from your original post on here and include in Monday's post. Tagging @Wendy Frink @wendy frink as she'll be the one to add it. Thanks so much! ​​

Brittany Ransonet

• 10.  RE: Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 06-02-2021 10:32 AM
    Oh thank you! How's this for a quick description of our two programs rescues may be interested in:

The Tripawds Rescue Fund helps public shelters and rescue organizations raise funds for animals in need of amputation while waiting for adoption. Tripawds Foundation matches up to $500 in funds raised by organizations that meet requirements. Details are here.
    The Tripawds Amputation Surgery Assistance Program (ASAP) chips in up to $500 for financially distressed pet parents in need of financial help with veterinary expenses directly related to amputation for their dog or cat. Details are here.

I'm happy to do a longer write-up if you'd like. Thanks so much for helping us get the word out!

Rene Agredano
    Tripawds

• 11.  RE: Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 06-07-2021 10:58 AM
    Thanks so much for the shout out in today's newsletter! Much appreciated!

Rene Agredano
    Tripawds

• 12.  RE: Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 05-28-2021 11:12 PM
    Hi Rene!   You just reached many organizations with one post here on Maddie's Fund.  I was so excited as I checked out your website that I emailed Jerry before I even came back here to post a reply!

Our organization, Kotor Kitties, is a 501(c)(3) registered here in Seattle, but we work exclusively in the very poor Balkan country of Montenegro.

Thanks for what you do, and for sharing in this online community!

www.kotorkitties.org

April King
    Volunteer and Board Member
    Kotor Kitties

• 13.  RE: Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 05-29-2021 01:24 PM
    Hi April, thanks for the enthusiasm! We got your email and we'll take the application discussion over there. But for now thank you for all you do and your interest in the Tripawds Foundation, I'm so glad we were able to connect!

Rene Agredano
    Tripawds

• 14.  RE: Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 06-02-2021 08:41 AM
    Rene, this is so awesome! I was wondering, are you also reaching out to municipal shelters? More and more of them are developing programs to keep pets with their owners. You might also reach out to statewide animal welfare organizations, like Virginia Federation of Humane Societies, Missouri Coalition of Animal Care Organizations and national groups & initiatives like Human Animal Support Services.

Kelly Duer
    Maddie's Fund

• 15.  RE: Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 06-02-2021 10:25 AM
    Thank you Kelly, I'm so glad you like the program.

We are trying to get in front of municipal shelters via social media but without much luck. I love the idea to get directly in touch with statewide orgs (and go around social). I'm taking notes so we can strategize at our next board meeting, so THANK YOU for this idea.

Rene Agredano
    Tripawds

• 16.  RE: Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 06-07-2021 12:53 PM
    Wonderful program. We will share on our Facebook page, Catadelphia.  We help people with medical emergencies and this program would be great for us to refer people to as well. You should post to the American Pets Alive! Shelter and Rescue Suppor Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/377926246322174 
    I have a feeling once the word does get out, you will be inundated. :=)

aine doley

• 17.  RE: Publicity: How to Build Awareness of our Programs w/in the Rescue Community

Posted 06-08-2021 08:34 AM
    Thank you @aine doley! I'll definitely have us reach out to that org, and we would LOVE to be inundated!​

Rene Agredano
    Tripawds