Return To Home Challenge

View Only

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Check in...

Hello all. I am so excited to report today, on the last day of the RTH Challenge, we have a successful "return to home" story. Our rescue received a call from the Whatcom Humane Society (about a 5 hour drive from our home base) inquiring if we adopted out a Beagle. My first impulse was to say no because ... See More

• Thank you. I agree. See More

• No, we do not agree with this. Most friendly cats belong to someone. In the Pets for Life program we serve lower income folks and we always assume cats have owners regardless of their spay/neuter status. We have partner organizations in most states in a variety of areas, including urban, rural, suburban, ... See More

• Profile Picture

Hi All I know all I know I am a little behind the curve with check in but I have been following the chat just had to take a breather to actually contribute. Well here goes: What changes have you made so far? I am new to Animal Welfare but I have found a lot of support using the resources using ... See More

• Profile Picture

Hello! This is Jessica "JJ" from the Kenai Animal Shelter in Kenai, Alaska. Changes: During the challenge period we set aside two days for check the chip/microchip your pet if they need one. We advertised on our social media page and found a lot of people sharing and interested. YEAH!! We also developed ... See More

• Profile Picture

Our plan at Heartland centers around education and micro-chipping. We held out first microchip clinic last Friday and got 52 pets from our community chipped and registered. Next week we will be holding our 2nd clinic in a nearby college community, so we are hopeful to chip at least that many at that ... See More

• Profile Picture

Quick update! We had our first two verified reunifications through our public microchip scanning stations! One of the employees at the Pet Station Stores we partner with sent us a summary of the experience and we just had to share! "We had a woman call us tonight saying she had two very wet dogs ... See More

• Profile Picture

Pet Network Humane Society, based in Incline Village, Nevada has launched 'Free Tag Tuesdays' - a free personalized pet ID tags for community pet owners. Additionally, we are a partner organization for Washoe County's mobile microchip scanning initiative with our local Pet Station. Our local partner ... See More

• Hi Adelia! I work at Simply Cats Adoption Center in Boise, Idaho. Where we live, a lot of people own unfixed cats. It's really just a matter of cost, and people not knowing the importance of getting their cats fixed and all the low-cost options available. We never assume an unfixed friendly stray doesn't ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.