Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

Hyperarousal in Dogs

If you work or volunteer for a shelter or rescue, you probably have a dog or several dogs who are excitable. Many of these dogs just need a little training. A lot less commonly, a dog might be experiencing hyperarousal. They get super excited and have difficulty calming down or regulating their emotions. ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Rural, Small Community In Need of Rescue Partners ...

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous You might want to check with Final Victory Animal Rescue out of West Columbia, SC. They partner with groups in the north east and move a large amount of dogs up each week to be adoptive homes. They might be able to give you more information ... See More

• Bula (Hi) Maddie's Community, We're joining forces with a horse sanctuary here in Fiji and I'm trying to find resources on capacity for care for equine sanctuary. Just like there is one for cat/dog shelters: https://app.calculoid.com/ Does anyone have any resources? Advises how much space is ... See More

• Profile Picture

next door volunteers

I heard about volunteer programs for social media volunteers on Next door and FB, Insta. They would post found/lost animals in their coordinating next door neighborhood groups and help "hype' up social media post and even moderate chats. I would love to start a program at my facility. I found two- one ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Feral Cat Shelters

Thank you everyone for your responses, I am meeting with them tomorrow. Maybe they will revolutionize feral cat shelters! ------------------------------ Cheryl Koenig Volunteer Executive Director Sullivan County Humane Society NH ------------------------------ See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Feral Cat Shelters

Wonderful! I miss my colonies. I mainly cared for Pearl Harbor, Tripler, Hickam, and Kalihi-my biggest colony was at the bowling alley there. I also used to trap over at Kaneohe MCB a lot. I worked with Christin Matsushige (I was so sad when she passed) and Tedra Villaroz with Joey's. I hope to visit ... See More

• We're thrilled to announce the launch of Co-Exist Rescue, a brand-new animal rescue organization based in San Juan Capistrano, CA. Led by an active-duty Marine Corps Officer, our team is on a mission to change the lives of animals in need. We're not just passionate about rescue, we're dedicated to making ... See More

• Thank you Diane. Regina. ------------------------------ Regina Gardner President Friends of Guilford County Animal Shelter NC ------------------------------ See More

• Thank you Sarah. Regina ------------------------------ Regina Gardner President Friends of Guilford County Animal Shelter NC ------------------------------ See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members