Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

Adopting FeLV cats

I've recently pulled two FeLV-positive cats from our local animal shelter before euthanasia. The cats came from a hoarding situation, and I had a prior relationship with these cats. I was working with the vet to seek positive outcomes for these animals and ended up with these two. One has dental problems, ... See More

• I think it is a google doc firewall on the network I am using. I am going to log on again on another network today and try again! This is great information! Sounds like we could benefit from a similar idea/approach. ------------------------------ Brittany Schott Board Member Second Chance Pet Adoptions ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Puppy protocols

Yes! Yes! Yes! Would someone or group please take charge of creating a puppy protocol. It makes me nuts to see do not walk signs for all pups under 6 months at my shelter. They can only stay on concrete to potty. Surely we can calibrate risk given vaccinations, space to walk, age, presence of active ... See More

• Ooh I've found former fosters often have the most to say (not always nicely or gently but feedback is feedback 😆 ). Here are some screen grabs from the 2019 and 2020 reports I linked. Not sure why they're not showing up. Questions from the report below as well. We posted a link to the survey (and ... See More

• This is a thorough SOP from Santa Barbara County Animal Services about how they address their urgent dogs' needs. ------------------------------ Rachel Jones Shelter Consultant www.rachelattheshelter.com ------------------------------ See More

• Yes! I combing through all the great resources on Maddie's now. I do think we want to conduct some level of survey. I think our concern may be that if you are not an active foster but you were previously, you are not likely to respond to a survey. What audience did you target? The links in ... See More

• Maddie's has a lot of great resources about foster recruitment if growth is your focus. As far as assessing how well your program is functioning as is, foster and staff feedback surveys are very easy/quick to implement and SO HELPFUL for providing a sense of direction and priority areas of improvement. ... See More

• Registration is now open for the Best Friends National Conference happening July 11-13 in Orlando, FL. If you register by May 10 you'll receive $100 off the cost of registration. This year, we'll have 90+ informative sessions focused on how to reach or maintain no-kill status. In addition, we'll ... See More

• We are entering into our strategic planning time and one of the things we are considering is how to conduct an assessment of our foster program network to improve the number of active foster homes. Has anyone out there already done this type of research? Where could I find published data on the information ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members