Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Pregnant Spay Policies

We also spay for most pregnancies. If the animal is an owner-surrender (or an outdoor cat with a caretaker for our TNR program), we do let them have a say... but it's basically "can you foster and care for this family until the kittens or puppies are 8 weeks old?" and if the answer is "no," we are going ... See More

• Does anyone have organisational risk built into there euthanasia policy's or procedures. its becoming more of a topic of conversation for us as falls separate to behavioural euthanasia but we don't have a risk matrix for org risk yet ------------------------------ Tom Candy behaviour and welfare ... See More

• I know this might be a crazy question, but what did organizations do before social media? How did you advertise and fundraise? I'm asking seriously because I need to take a break from social media and obviously nonprofits existed long before social media was even an idea, long before the internet ... See More

• What Cole said is absolutely spot on! Totally agree with every single point. The higher adoption fee IS gatekeeping those dogs for people who are more affluent and it reinforces the idea that they are more special or they matter more than other dogs. Reinforcement of that idea is what keeps breeders ... See More

• Hello Zach, Until recently, I lived in the Phoenix area and volunteered with Desert Labrador Retriever Rescue so I know Heidi's Village very well! Great place! And you have that wonderful indoor space where you could add scent training to give the dogs an indoor activity. Here is a short clip ... See More

• Thanks, Aaron ,for showing us the raffle set up. We are just about to roll out our new website. :o One of the biggies was choosing a platform and with so many people pretty ticked off when restaurants, etc are passing on/charging the credit fee that companies used to pay it's nice to have that as an ... See More

• We cover 50% of bill for low-income clients at partner vet clinics. & have a client still asking for assistance after 4 visits/1 year. Her dog has a seizure disorder. She has not "been able to pay for his medication" the last 2 times. Of course we don't want him seizing again. #PetSupportServices* ... See More

• This is such an interesting topic! We currently have one dog who would be considered "desirable". It's something I've been torn about as well because he is "desirable" but also one of our more difficult dogs, so because of that, finding the right home for him would be an added hurdle. However, due to ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Flooring

Thanks for sharing your experience Toni, I am definitely going to look at that. See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members