Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Puppy protocols

We have no problems but we do have protocols irregardless of age. We have a large green space in addition to 4 fenced dog yards. Dogs do not go out into the yards until they are out of impound(first vaccines and de-wormer done) We have a green space designated to walk the impound dogs away from the ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Flooring

Hi Rochelle, Nice to "meet" you! We're local in MN as well. Could you share the name of the company that helped you, please? Feel free to email me as well, camilleatmars@gmail.com. Thank you for the information!! ------------------------------ Camille Bates Finance & Marketing Manager Midwest ... See More

• We still use older methods in addition to social media. Not every one is social media savvy. We have a list of all of the community bulletin boards in town and still put up a poster for every event. Still use the local newspaper advertising on occasion. We have business sponsored "pet of the week" in ... See More

• We also keep outdoor pools in the dog runs in the summer.:more just for fun. We found the kiddie pools are not very durable though. We scrounge and request used kid's (first step brand) plastic sandboxes from garage sales and toss the covers. We clean and refill the pools daily. We have four outdoor ... See More

• The "No Kill" label is unrealistic for a municipality with a #1 public safety mission. We have the complex task of euthanizing animals that will not be adopted at a shelter due to many reasons and allowing animals that are adoptable back into the public. We can never shut down our intake due to overcrowding, ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Flooring

It was a local company . Just check your area for sam sort of service. See More

• Hi! Up until a few years ago, we did not have air conditioning in our K9 area. It would get miserably hot for both the dogs and the staff. All of our dog kennels do have a small outside area. We can open the guillotine doors on nice days so that they can go in and out as they please. During a particularly ... See More

• Hi! Our shelter is fortunate enough to have a small medical staff, so they usually do all of the medicating. If for some reason they cannot do it themselves, there is a small handful of the animal care staff that are trained/trusted to administer medications. ------------------------------ Erin ... See More

• I think those are great goals - and I think you might get more interest simply by expanding your volunteers' involvement so they can interact with the pets and help at events! That's typically why people want to help at an animal shelter, in my opinion. If they can't actually walk dogs or play with cats, ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members