Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Latest Discussions

• Spring bustles in vibrant colors, fragrant aromas, and the chattering sounds of life. For some, such sights and sounds signify renewal and a seasonal resurrection of our existence. For others, it represents a spiritual reawakening in which people of all faiths can find commonality. It is in this spirit ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Feline Behavior Training

Hi Megan! I work exclusively with cats in a shelter. My top recommendation would be to take Trish McMillan's Shelter Cat Behavior Mentorship course. She usually offers it once every year and it's a 13-week course packed with cat behavior stuff that applies to cats in the shelter system. Plus, there ... See More

• Hi, We have actually had this scenario a few times. One was such a difficult to place dog due to behavior and the dog was thriving at the foster's that it was worth it for us to pay for the dogs care. But try this...there are many animal lovers out there that cannot have a dog for various reasons ... See More

• Hi All - I'm looking for ideas in what people do when their foster parent wants to adopt a long stay pet, but can't afford their monthly care? In our case, the monthly care of April, a 6 year old pitbull who has bad allergies requires monthly Cytopoint and daily apoquel to keep her allergies in check. ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Fundraising and donations

We have a couple of successful fundraisers we hold once every year that our community comes to expect. They are our biggest fundraisers. But we also have an Amazon wish list and during the holidays we have done "Wish Lists" which we hung on the kennels and shared on FB. People would "adopt" one of the ... See More

• Profile Picture

This month I have purchased some dog toys (My organization caters to small dogs), baggies, and printed business cards. I am going to set up a booth in areas around our service zone and pass the baggies and cards out. I will also answer any questions that come. In May I will hand out flowers for Mother's ... See More

• Profile Picture

Donations are definitely going down in all sectors. It can be really challenging, so you're not alone. We do four appeal letters each year to our mailing list, and make sure to feature a heartwarming story about an animal and lots of pictures. We also have a fee-waived adoption event and vendor fair ... See More

• If a person fills out our adoption screening form and have an unfixed cat or dog, we have routinely denied the adoption until their personal pet is fixed. Recently, we are revisiting this because there are instances when the vet has instructed them not to fix the animal until it's a certain age (i.e. ... See More

• Hi everybody, We are looking to invest in a case management software and I am looking for insight and opinions. Doobert is the leader right now based on how much they offer. Can anybody share their experiences with Doobert or other softwares? Thanks!! #CaseManagement* #DataandTechnology ------------------------------ ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members