Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Latest Discussions

• HI MK!!!! Just closing my computer when I saw this thread. Can't wait to read it all in the morning. Lisa, from what I have read so far fits our mission too. We plan to be a large scale outdoor sanctuary for feral cats who will live there as long as they live since they can't live on the streets, ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Introduction

Hi Kim, Welcome to the forum! It is a great place for resources, classes, and ideas. I am thrilled to hear you are going force-free. I drop a couple of "fear-free" links here that I think you may find aligning with your force-free direction. https://www.fearfreehappyhomes.com, https://fearfreepets.com. ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Introduction

Hi Kim, Welcome to Maddies! First and foremost, don't give up! I am in rural Northeast AR, and we have a similar story. Something happened with our local humane society, and a couple of us felt the animals deserved better, so we founded a separate 501c3. We are not in competition with the local ... See More

• This was a wonderful presentation today! I was wondering if the presenters would be willing to share some of the documents they mentioned, like the Best Practices and Pet Handling and Safety Tips as well as the Animal Agreement. We work with the transitional housing in San Mateo County, CA Thank ... See More

• Thank to the 172+ attendees who joined us on today's Community Conversations call! Special thank you to our guest speakers, Lauren and Jesse for sharing all about their co-sheltering program in San Diego. The recording is now available to watch on-demand and below you'll find a recap of the ... See More

• Hi Laurel, do you know how your org got listed in the options of nonprofits to choose from? Meaning, when I click "edit profile", then click "nonprofit" to add a nonprofit to my profile. I've registered with Tiltify and have a Benevity account, will we somehow just show up on the list eventually? ... See More

• Hi Katie! Thanks for sharing your insights! Esther's message about TNR really hits home. You're spot on about the importance of education in changing perceptions. It's not just about spaying and neutering but also about breaking down stigmas. Your experience shows how being proactive with TNVR can ... See More

• We only started our program in January 2024. We are working with 2 clinics and it is working well so far. (We are in rural Kentucky.) ------------------------------ Karen Kirsch Founder Spayed and Aid KY ------------------------------ See More

• That's a great idea! How many vet clinics do you work with? On Mon, Mar 18, 2024, 1:27 PM Karen Kirsch via Maddie's Pet Forum < Mail@maddiesfund.org > wrote: We don't use the vouchers. Instead we put money "on deposit on our account" at the vet. Then we reconcile at the end of the ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members