Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Latest Discussions

• Hi everybody, We are looking to invest in a case management software and I am looking for insight and opinions. Doobert is the leader right now based on how much they offer. Can anybody share their experiences with Doobert or other softwares? Thanks!! #CaseManagement* #DataandTechnology ------------------------------ ... See More

• Hi 😊 What does a day in the life look like for a dog with behavior concerns at the San Francisco SPCA? What do other organizations do to support their dogs? Join us on Wednesday, April 3 at 10 am PT/1 pm ET when we’ll hear from Dr. Wailani Sung, ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Flooring

Hi Samantha, I don't have advice to offer, however I'm also very interested in flooring advice as well! The floor in our Adoption Center was painted and now (hello dog nails!) is atrociously scratched up. I'd love to hear other's experiences to find out what they have and costs. If we can reasonably ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Shelf Life Pet Food

Hi, Karen. Our awesome veterinarian feels 6 months past date is ok. ------------------------------ Diane Metz Board of Directors, Volunteer, and Foster Mom Orange Street Cats, Inc. Albany NY ------------------------------ See More

• Had mike on the simplifying shelter Behaviour podcast this week. He's a great speaker. Looking forward to this ------------------------------ Tom Candy behaviour and welfare trustee Hope Rescue VI ------------------------------ See More

• Does anyone have SOP's or resources they use in regards to bonded pairs in the shelter environment. At my shelter, I generally avoid labeling animals that come in together as bonded pairs unless they have 1. been together in the same home for a considerable amount of years and/or 2. I see a behavioral ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Shelf Life Pet Food

Hi Karen, The industry standard is safe up to a year after the expiration date when unopened. Our policy for opened bags is original packaging, up to 6 months past expiration, and no signs of rodent or insect activity. ------------------------------ Quinn Douglas-Hiley Community Resources Manager ... See More

• When I look for resources on this topic, "crisis" is usually approached from the operational point of view and not as much from the communications/marketing side. As animal welfare organizations, we are not exempt from other types of crises, like an internal or external backlash for a euthanasia decision, ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Puppy protocols

Hello all: I read Augusta's post and just said "WOW!" - I can't imagine not having puppies out for walks or other experiences until they are 4-6 months old. In the private practice world where I started, "puppy kindergarten" was all the rage - as long as pups were appropriately immunized and dewormed ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members