Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Fundraising and donations

This month I have purchased some dog toys (My organization caters to small dogs), baggies, and printed business cards. I am going to set up a booth in areas around our service zone and pass the baggies and cards out. I will also answer any questions that come. In May I will hand out flowers for Mother's ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Fundraising and donations

Donations are definitely going down in all sectors. It can be really challenging, so you're not alone. We do four appeal letters each year to our mailing list, and make sure to feature a heartwarming story about an animal and lots of pictures. We also have a fee-waived adoption event and vendor fair ... See More

• If a person fills out our adoption screening form and have an unfixed cat or dog, we have routinely denied the adoption until their personal pet is fixed. Recently, we are revisiting this because there are instances when the vet has instructed them not to fix the animal until it's a certain age (i.e. ... See More

• Hi everybody, We are looking to invest in a case management software and I am looking for insight and opinions. Doobert is the leader right now based on how much they offer. Can anybody share their experiences with Doobert or other softwares? Thanks!! #CaseManagement* #DataandTechnology ------------------------------ ... See More

• Hi 😊 What does a day in the life look like for a dog with behavior concerns at the San Francisco SPCA? What do other organizations do to support their dogs? Join us on Wednesday, April 3 at 10 am PT/1 pm ET when we’ll hear from Dr. Wailani Sung, ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Flooring

Hi Samantha, I don't have advice to offer, however I'm also very interested in flooring advice as well! The floor in our Adoption Center was painted and now (hello dog nails!) is atrociously scratched up. I'd love to hear other's experiences to find out what they have and costs. If we can reasonably ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Shelf Life Pet Food

Hi, Karen. Our awesome veterinarian feels 6 months past date is ok. ------------------------------ Diane Metz Board of Directors, Volunteer, and Foster Mom Orange Street Cats, Inc. Albany NY ------------------------------ See More

• Had mike on the simplifying shelter Behaviour podcast this week. He's a great speaker. Looking forward to this ------------------------------ Tom Candy behaviour and welfare trustee Hope Rescue VI ------------------------------ See More

• Does anyone have SOP's or resources they use in regards to bonded pairs in the shelter environment. At my shelter, I generally avoid labeling animals that come in together as bonded pairs unless they have 1. been together in the same home for a considerable amount of years and/or 2. I see a behavioral ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members