Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

AI Usage and Standards

Does anyone have a standards and usage of AI SOP that they'd like to share? Our staff is really taking off with and loving the ways to use AI in bio writing. However, it seems that many times, the information can be inaccurate, too long, and also say the same thing different ways with just too much fluff. ... See More

• This question was asked in the comments section but we didn't see it until after the webinar was over, so I wanted to address it here: From Carol Walker: Somewhere about 17 minutes in, you had something that was given with fluids, but the amount was hard to understand if you were talking about the ... See More

• Thank you to everyone who attended today's webcast on calicivirus! If you didn't have an opportunity to ask a question during the webcast, please let us know here and we'll do our best to get you an answer! ------------------------------ Monica Tarant Chief Innovation Officer The Give Them Ten Movement ... See More

• Profile Picture

Just in Time for Kitten Season!

Kitten season has arrived, and many of you are probably wondering what you can do to keep your kitten foster program working as efficiently as possible all season long. We have a great resource for you! On Thursday, May 2, 2024, join Maddie's® Monthly Foster Connection at 12pm PT/3pm ET to hear from ... See More

• Hi Brittany, These studies may be helpful: Foster Turnover Research Foster Market Research New research shows how to best engage more diverse communities in the pet fostering process Exploring Foster Programs and Their People, Management and Leadership Challenges If you like, ... See More

• Hi Animal Advocates, I have an urgent situation that is far outside my personal and professional wheelhouse and need input! Three puppies were thrown away in a tub on a curb trash pile. I found them and they do not seem feral though they are VERY wary and thin (all body bones pronounced). I sat ... See More

• We typically have really good success using the Fast-15 survey through Maddie's! They work with UNC-Charlotte to create the survey and it takes very minimal staff time to use. They come up with all the questions and compile all the results; all you/your staff have to do is send it out & remind people ... See More

• Profile Picture

X-ray protocols

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous We're very excited to get our first x-ray unit and want to be sure we have proper protocols in place to ensure safety for our staff. As a part of that due diligence we want to have a written protocol (on use of the unit) and plan to do ... See More

• Profile Picture

RE: Help with Cat Litter

We use the equine pellet bedding from Tractor Supply-it is so much cheaper, lighter and smells like wood! We only cover the bottom of the pan and dump it every day. We do not get a discount but are a rewards member so do get credit that we use towards buying more every now and then. ------------------------------ ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members