Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Online Animal Shelter databases - which are the best and most popular?

Posted 05-23-2022 02:12 PM
    Do you use Petstablished online animal shelter database?
    Likes? Dislikes?

Do you use Petkey online animal shelter database?
    Likes? Dislikes?

I volunteer for a small cat & dog animal shelter (501c3).  There are 10
    volunteer workers - none of whom are paid.
    Our outreach for spay/neuter/vaccines/microchipping/sheltering/rescuing is over 600/year.

So feedback from you would be so helpful to help us keep accurate records and reporting.

Thank you all and thanks for your service!
    #DataandTechnology

------------------------------
    Alisa Fraser

• 2.  RE: Online Animal Shelter databases - which are the best and most popular?

Posted 05-23-2022 11:37 PM
    Hi Alicia - I hope you get useful information. We use Shelter Manager and while it's absolutely OK, I'd prefer something that was better regarding the human fosters.

Ann Battenfield
    Senior Team Member
    The Little Red Dog
    Lake Forest

• 3.  RE: Online Animal Shelter databases - which are the best and most popular?

Posted 05-24-2022 11:34 AM
    Hi Ann,

We use Animal Shelter Manager also and love it, but I agree the foster management part is lacking.
    However, over the years, we have seen how ASM keeps adding and improving different functions.  For example, when we first started using it, the animal control portion was pretty lacking, but they have improved it a lot.
    I think if enough users contacted them about foster management, they might prioritize making improvements to that section sooner than later.

I use PetPal Rescue Manager for my rescue, and that is more geared toward tracking fosters - who's available, and what animals are in foster.

Hope that helps!

Tracy Mohr
    Animal Services Manager
    City of Chico Animal Services

• 4.  RE: Online Animal Shelter databases - which are the best and most popular?

Posted 05-28-2022 08:53 AM
    Hi Ann & Tracy.  Let me know if you'd like to learn more about Doobert's Foster Management.  You can import your animals from Animal Shelter Manager (and other tools too) and Doobert is the only system with two-way texting capabilities and other cool features to manage your Fosters.

Here's a couple short overview videos:  

FosterSpace Management Quick Overview (4:21) - https://vimeo.com/423418550/7925f256c6 
    Fosterspace Ambassador Pages (2:07) - https://vimeo.com/476874595 

Chris

Chris Roy
    CEO, Doobert
    www.doobert.com

• 5.  RE: Online Animal Shelter databases - which are the best and most popular?

Posted 05-31-2022 06:00 PM
    Hi Chris,

We have an account with Doobert that I set up a long time ago when it was just for transport.  I'll check it out as it might be just want we are looking for.  I'll let you know if I have any questions.  Thanks!

Tracy Mohr
    Animal Services Manager
    City of Chico Animal Services

• 6.  RE: Online Animal Shelter databases - which are the best and most popular?

Posted 05-24-2022 09:03 PM
    Thank you Ann.
    We use shelteranimalscount.org...

Alisa

Alisa Fraser