Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  QUESTION: Would you use this children's song to help kids understand that care is needed for dogs every single day?

Posted 07-25-2022 10:25 AM

🤓 👋
    My name is Beth Cherryholmes Miller. I'm the founder of a nonprofit called Wagtown. We help communities become more responsibly an authentically dog friendly.  A huge component of my work is the potential impact of children on animal advocacy. To that end, I created a K-4 curriculum for kids to learn dog safety, about dogs with jobs, how to read their body language, how to care for them, and their role in our lives. In order to reach children with easy-to-understand tools about breed discrimination, I wrote and published a children's book called "Tucker Finds His Forever Home." In the book, young learners follow a pit-mix young pup through the shelter experience. It teaches them about the impact of the journey for acceptance and forever love.

🎶 But, that is not all I want to do to reach these little advocates in the making. I wrote and recorded the song for feedback from animal lovers and those who fight for them. I would LOVE your feedback. The better it is, the more young minds we can fill with the song title, "I Love My Puppy. Every. Single. Day.

Please take a listen and let me know: LINK HERE
    1) What is your first impression?
    2) Would you use it/recommend it as an outreach/education tool?

Young puppy on grass watching sky. Title image for children's song by Wagtown.Thanks in advance for your help and all that you do to help animals!

Keep wagging,
    Beth 🐾

#AdoptionsandAdoptionPrograms
    #EducationandTraining
    #MarketingandSocialMedia

------------------------------
    Beth Miller
    Wagtown®
    Founder and CEO

• 2.  RE: QUESTION: Would you use this children's song to help kids understand that care is needed for dogs every single day?

Posted 07-25-2022 11:26 AM
    I totally loved this! I especially appreciate that the dog(s) shown in the video are all wearing external identification, so often that is overlooked. Now I have the song stuck in my head. Thanks!

Gina Knepp
    National Shelter Engagement Director
    Michelson Found Animals Foundation
    Los Angeles, California
    916-230-4533

• 3.  RE: QUESTION: Would you use this children's song to help kids understand that care is needed for dogs every single day?

Posted 07-26-2022 03:44 AM
    I think it is a great teaching tool!

amber dennison

• 4.  RE: QUESTION: Would you use this children's song to help kids understand that care is needed for dogs every single day?

Posted 07-26-2022 05:33 AM
    This is so cute.  I'm going to pass it along to my co-worker to use when she has the younger kids at our rescue camp, if that is ok?  
    Love to share it with our adopters with young pups (I mean kids, not pups, kids.).  We already have a coloring book we print for kids.

Kirsten Lindsay
    Last Chance Ranch

• 5.  RE: QUESTION: Would you use this children's song to help kids understand that care is needed for dogs every single day?

Posted 07-26-2022 09:45 AM
    Woohoo! Thank you so much. I can't wait to hear how they react!
    Beth

Beth Miller
    Wagtown®
    Founder and CEO

• 6.  RE: QUESTION: Would you use this children's song to help kids understand that care is needed for dogs every single day?

Posted 07-27-2022 07:36 AM
    I thought it was awesome! Thank you for the important work you do!

Sherry Kircher
    Community Cat