Managing Shelter Health - Application Period for Fall 2022

Starts:  Aug 22, 2022 12:05 AM (PT)
Ends:  Aug 31, 2022 11:55 PM (PT)
Associated with  Animal Welfare Professionals

Are you a shelter director, manager or involved with the healthy flow of animals from intake to adoption? Are you interested in increasing your skills and knowledge as it applies to shelter management and shelter medicine? In this course you will learn how to integrate shelter management and shelter medicine best practices in your own organization to improve the quality of care and save more lives. Topics covered include managing admissions, evaluating capacity for care, conducting rounds, providing proper housing, cleaning and disinfecting, recognizing disease, intake procedures, enrichment and more. 

Instructors: The shelter health team at Charleston Animal Society: Dr. Lucy Fuller, Dr. Margaret Morris, Abby Appleton, Becca Boronat and Ms. Pearl Sutton.

This instructor-led course requires a time commitment of 15 hours for coursework and classes.

When? Class time: Wednesdays, 4:00 PM ET, starting September 28th

Who should apply? Shelter operations staff, shelter directors, shelter medical staff or any shelter employee or board member who may be involved in animal flow planning or animal disposition planning.

Applications open August 22.

About Fall 2022 Online Instructor-Led Courses 

Looking to implement a new program, learn more about a specific subject and create positive change for pets and people in your community?

Maddie’s Fund® Online Instructor-Led Courses (formerly Apprenticeships) provide an interactive educational opportunity for those who are looking to benefit from the wisdom of established innovative programs. They’re the catalyst you need to take your programs and learning to the next level! These courses require completion of: self-paced online materials, (4) 90-minute Zoom classes with your instructor and classmates, and a final project. Class size is limited and the selection process is competitive.

Explore other Fall 2022 Online Instructor-Led Courses

#AdmissionsandIntake(includingIntake-to-placement)
#EducationandTraining
#Medicine,SurgeryandSterilization
#OrganizationalManagement
#PeopleManagement(includingVolunteerIntegration)

Comments

03-08-2023 12:24 PM

Thank you for sharing information about this wonderful event. I wanted to attend this event, but changed my mind at the last minute due to concern for my health. I currently have certain problems with men's health and I am undergoing treatment. I read on one of the men's health blogs that pets, especially cats, can cause problems with men's health. I don't know how true this is, but I decided not to risk it and stay at home.

Event Image
Starts:  Aug 22, 2022 12:05 AM (PT)
Ends:  Aug 31, 2022 11:55 PM (PT)
Associated with  Animal Welfare Professionals

Online Instructions:
Url: http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SSZ6NKS
Login: When application period opens, follow the link above to apply for the Online Instructor Led Course. If you have any questions, contact maddiesuniversity@maddiesfund.org