My Dog Is My Home: Co-Sheltering Conference 2023

Starts:  Mar 21, 2023 12:00 PM (ET)
Ends:  Mar 23, 2023 06:30 PM (ET)
Associated with  Animal Welfare Professionals

Join My Dog Is My Home for this unique virtual conference focused on how co-sheltering people and animals together fits into the wider struggle for a more just society.

• Dates: March 21-23, 2023
  • Times: 12pm - 6:30pm Eastern Time
  • Theme: Changing Systems. Changing Lives. Creating a world with equitable access to homes for people and their animals.
  • Website + Registration
  • Scholarship Application*

Program Highlights:

• Day 1 Keynote: Ann Oliva, CEO of the National Alliance to End Homelessness
  • Day 1 Short Talk: Homelessness 101 for Animal Welfare Professionals. Promoting Understanding for Trauma-Informed Responses. 
  • Day 1 Workshop: Co-Regulation: Recognizing & Caring for Trauma in Self and Others 
  • Day 2 Keynote: Haben Girma, Human rights lawyer advancing disability justice, White House Champion of Change
  • Day 2 Short Talk: Emotional Support Animal Letters - What Are They and Who Can Write One?
  • Day 2 Workshop: Building a One Health Clinic Collaborative for Human and Animal Well-Being 
  • Day 3 Keynote: Fireside Chat: Reimagining Fundraising & The Community Centric Fundraising Model
  • Day 3 Short Talk: Cross-Agency Collaborations
  • Day 3: Live Feedback on Incorporating Trauma-Informed Design for People and Animals in Your Emergency Shelter (Part 2)

*Scholarships are available #ThanksToMaddie. Please complete this form to apply for financial assistance.

My Dog Is My Home strives to host an inclusive, accessible conference that enables all individuals to engage fully. The team will work to meet accommodation requests to the best of our ability. If anyone on your team has an accommodation request, please email Lucy Biesenbach at lucy@mydogismyhome.org.

#AccesstoCare
#AdmissionsandIntake(includingIntake-to-placement)
#AdoptionsandAdoptionPrograms
#CaseManagement*
#CommunityPartnerships*
#Conferences,WorkshopsandWebcasts
#Diversity,Equity,InclusionandJustice
#EducationandTraining
#LawsandPublicPolicy
#OrganizationalManagement
#PetSupportServices*
Event Image
Starts:  Mar 21, 2023 12:00 PM (ET)
Ends:  Mar 23, 2023 06:30 PM (ET)
Associated with  Animal Welfare Professionals

Online Instructions:
Url: http://whova.com/portal/registration/coshe_202303/
Login: Register for the conference and you'll receive information on how to join virtually.