2024 Open Arms Challenge

View Only

Mark your calendars for the all-inclusive 2024 Open Arms Challenge! This grant Challenge is like no other. For the entire month of April 2024, animal shelters, foster-based organizations and public charities are encouraged to create a new program or expand an existing one focused on keeping pets and people together.

It is all about opening our hearts and minds to more accessible and inclusive practices, helping to keep pets with their people through Return to Home and Foster programs and so much more. Not only do we all hope to see innovative ways to increase community engagement with adoptions, foster recruitment, volunteer interest and safety net programs - there are also grant prizes available! (Total prize amount to be revealed later this year.)

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Checking in!

We spent the quiet times (lol) of our adoption event/transport event last Saturday to put together some items for our event...brochures to hand out at the school have arrived, collars and leashes donated, vaccines are poised , the van is stocked with goodies to take...last minute items will be loaded ... See More

• Profile Picture

Good morning! At MatchDog Rescue with the venue secured, the team needed a detailed plan for the event layout. During the school's Easter break, the leadership team took a trip to scope out the grounds and interior, walking through the space to visualize the setup. After much discussion and planning, ... See More

• Profile Picture

Sharing our special interview!

I am excited to share this link with you! Mandy Lewis, Founder and President of Alberts Dog Lounge Rescue, was interviewed by Christine from "Dogs 4 Life Training & Wellness," about 'Misconceptions of Senior dog adoptions: Love and the Crusty Old Dog!' https://www.facebook.com/Dogs4Lifetraining/videos/1788680768302871 ... See More

• Profile Picture

Hello, I found some information on Purina's website. There's a feeding chart but also some other useful information such as factors that impact how much to feed your dog. I also always tell people to check with their veterinarian. https://www.purina.com/articles/dog/feeding/guides/how-much-should-i-feed-my-dog ... See More

• Good morning, Laura! I love this! Advocating for the dogs to have time out, breathe, walk, enjoy the company of a person, time to socialize...all so important and imperative to the mental well-being of the dogs. Hope you are able to keep it going. Amazing work!! Molly Keith MatchDog Rescue ------------------------------ ... See More

• This is awesome, Laura! I look forward to hearing how it is going. Keeping families together is critical. Molly Keith MatchDog Rescue ------------------------------ Molly Keith Development Lead MatchDog Rescue NJ ------------------------------ See More

• Profile Picture

While the team was searching for a venue, the events team was hard at work in the background, planning and preparing for Wags Fest. MatchDog Rescue recruited one of our volunteers (who is experienced with events) to lead the charge, Her first job...to enlist additional volunteers to help with the event ... See More

• Profile Picture

Wow, Alexia...was reading your update . You've had your share of challenges. Keep swimming. You're doing great work! And you're right, the animals depend on you. You're their advocates. And btw I love your title of Master Poop Picker-upper lol! Molly Keith MatchDog Rescue ------------------------------ ... See More

• I love the fund a foster idea. Novastar challenge last year was raising volunteer numbers and we successfully increased and maintained them. Fund a foster sounds like a great project to discuss with the team. Thanks for sharing ------------------------------ Laura Coan Volunteer Novastar Rescue ... See More

Latest Library Entries

Most Active Members