Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Feeding

Posted 02-15-2019 11:48 AM

I was curious about feeding specifically. I know that most dogs have a problem eating all their food at once so people put things in place so that they eat slower. But my pup eats little by little throughout the day when she feels like it though I know I’m supposed to switch to specific feeding times. How do I make the transition to specific feeding times? Ive tried to put it out at certain times and take it away but then she ends up just not eating At the times I put it out and I don’t want her to go hungry. 

#feedingtimes
    #PetHealthandNutrition

• 2.  RE: Feeding

Posted 02-17-2019 06:48 AM

I put his food into a Kong so it was a game for him to chase it all over the house and work for it and he got used to eating a full serving. I transitioned to the bowl and as long as it's in any room where I am he will now eat a full meal at once. 

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 3.  RE: Feeding

Posted 02-17-2019 12:46 PM

Since I recently got her within the last week she won’t really  play with her toys . She’s kind of like in a docile state.  I got her some wet food and that seems to be working but I think the new transition he’s just been a lot for her because she won’t go to the bathroom either even though she’s potty trained.  Show seem constipated when were outside and she just won’t poop but then at random she pooped in here twice 

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 4.  RE: Feeding

Posted 02-17-2019 04:40 PM

That makes perfect sense. It's a huge transition. You might want to call the very about the constipation issue because you for sure don't want a blockage. 

#PetHealthandNutrition