Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Which social media platforms are worth the effort?

Posted 04-18-2019 12:24 PM

Currently, our largest presence is, unsurprisingly, on Facebook. We're also active on Instagram and Twitter (especially since Buffer makes publishing on these two platforms pretty quick and easy). We maintain a Pinterest account since it requires a relatively small amount of effort. We also keep our Google My Business up-to-date. We have a YouTube channel as well, but it's not used very often since we don't have many videos.

I'd love to know if there are any other platforms out there that you have found to be worth the time it takes to maintain them. Or any that have been an absolute waste of time!

#MarketingandSocialMedia
    #socialmediaplatforms

• 2.  RE: Which social media platforms are worth the effort?

Posted 06-25-2019 10:56 AM

NextDoor is a really good one, especially if you work together with other staff/volunteers to get a message out. You can literally blanket the community if there are enough people from different neighborhoods. I've also had success on Imgur, posting some super long stay dogs. Your audience on there isn't just local, so if you're able to adopt to people in different locations it could be helpful. 

I had a Tumblr account where I used to post pics of adoptable pets when I volunteered at my local shelter. I worked it up to a decent number of followers, but even then it didn't really make much of a difference. I'd say Tumblr is probably a waste of time.

#MarketingandSocialMedia

• 3.  RE: Which social media platforms are worth the effort?

Posted 01-20-2023 04:28 PM
    I know this is an old post. Not sure if anyone is still wondering. But I think it really depends WHAT and WHEN you post. Instagram is coming in hot when we post videos and stories. TikTok is brand new to us as of a few months ago and it's picking up. Facebook is also pretty good but we already had a big following on there and it's about 50/50 with photos and videos.

------------------------------
    Nisa Katz
    Homeward Trails Animal Rescue
    ------------------------------