Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Our new Family member Duncan

Posted 07-16-2019 08:43 AM

My wife and I have been thinking about adopting another dog for awhile now. And as of Sunday the 14th( which was my bday...woot woot) we decided on Duncan who is a year and half old lab and German Shepard mix. We did a meet greet with him and our current dog and things went well. We choose Duncan based on his disposition and his friendliness to our dog...also he had been there the longest. Poor guy had been there for about 6-7 months. Both dogs are starting to play with one another and definitely haven't seen any signs of aggression. My wife and I are looking forward to spoiling both pups and continuing some basic commands with Duncan. However Duncan is definitely underweight he's only 42 lbs. And at 1 year old he was 35lbs. So over the last 7 months he's only Gained 7lbs. We've consulted our vet about a proper nutrition for him, and he's on the way to getting healthier and stronger

I can't remember where I buried this image. Sorry for the inconvenience!

#AdoptingaPet

• 2.  RE: Our new Family member Duncan

Posted 07-16-2019 08:47 AM

• 3.  RE: Our new Family member Duncan

Posted 07-16-2019 10:27 AM

Welcome to the family, Duncan! And thank YOU and your wife for opening your heart and your home to your new pup and happy belated birthday! He definitely looks like he's enjoying the plush couch lifestyle 

#AdoptingaPet

• 4.  RE: Our new Family member Duncan

Posted 07-16-2019 03:57 PM

Congrats! My sheltie was very underweight when I adopted him years ago but became a porker later on so that I had to feed him weight maintenance food most of his life. Just give him time.

#AdoptingaPet