Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Virtual fundraising ideas

• 2.  RE: Virtual fundraising ideas

Posted 01-22-2023 06:46 PM
    During COVID we pivoted and held online auctions on Facebook in lieu of in person events. We created events on Facebook, the posted photos, values and minimum bids with end date and time.

Then we monitored and shared for about a week or so.. Once closed we reached out to winners online and arranged pick up and payment at our office.

We were still able to raise several thousand dollars each time and of course had no overhead like you do during an in person events. We held 3 or 4 of these spread out over several months.

------------------------------
    Marci Bowling
    Watching Over Whiskers

• 3.  RE: Virtual fundraising ideas

Posted 01-23-2023 08:55 AM
    My group held an online auction using BetterWorld and I highly recommend it.  I do 95% of the rescue work (we organize rescue transports), so fundraising falls to me.  Betterworld is free to the rescue and is very easy to use and very professional looking.  They currently use Stripe for payment processing but I think they will switch to accepting PayPal soon.  The process allows for communication to winning bidders and collects the funds, then when funds are settled, you authorize the transmission of funds to your bank account.  

Even though our auction is over, you can still check it out at:  https://centralarkansasrescuetransport.betterworld.org/auctions/2022-auction

June Thomas
    President
    Central Arkansas Rescue Transport

• 4.  RE: Virtual fundraising ideas

Posted 01-23-2023 09:27 AM
    This is great! I will definitely check out this site to use as a potential platform the next online auction or perhaps even for a raffle! Thank you for sharing.

Marci Bowling
    Watching Over Whiskers